DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER WRESTLING 2018 GIF THREADS

8 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Remember when everyone started doing the shining wizard on the indies? Are there any remaining stalwarts who still use it?

A friend of mine who works Texas indies uses it as his finisher. He's only been working for a couple of years.

9 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Remember when everyone started doing the shining wizard on the indies? Are there any remaining stalwarts who still use it?

ADAM COLE, BABY!

Carrying Muto's weight on one leg is probably worse/more painful than him caressing his knee on the side of your head while putting his crotch in your face like he's Danshoku Dieno.

14 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Ditch did a comp of like a thousand Shining Wizards once. IIRC the most brutal one was to Kobashi, if anyone can find it. 

I remember this and yep, brutal Shining Wizards to Kenta Kobashi.

EDIT: Found said video.

• Like 1

Man, my Mutoh knowledge is woefully subpar. Was he out for ages/on the verge of retirement because of his knees when he returned with the SCSA look and new finisher? The irony of a knee-based finisher wasn't lost on me when he debuted it

EDIT: haha, just watched that comp. It's like Kobashi's chin was magnetised directly to Mutoh's knee. Brutal

DOUBLE EDIT: I'd also forgot about all-white, bleach blonde Minoru Suzuki. What was that about?!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Muto returned from WCW with the new look. Suzuki usually goes blonde only for his biggest matches.

Can't find the clip, but the crowd lost their collective minds when Muto whipped off his hood. It wasn't actually for NJPW but Inoki's Bom Ba Ye 2000 card at the Dome.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Pete said:

Can't find the clip, but the crowd lost their collective minds when Muto whipped off his hood. It wasn't actually for NJPW but Inoki's Bom Ba Ye 2000 card at the Dome.

Just watched it, Don Frye's sparkly silver shorts sure are something...