DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER WRESTLING 2018 GIF THREADS

6 hours ago, Sublime said:

WWE is a company where we were suppose to dislike Muhammad Hassan for disliking being racially profiled (before the whole thing took *that* turn) so WWE has terrible terrible understandings of what it means to be a good person and a bad person. That is just one example also. Another example any woman who didn't want to be sexualized is somehow an evil person as well in WWE's eyes. 

or Stacy Keibler getting a stunner from domestic abuser Steve Austin for not drinking a beer

Stay classy, Vince.

When bookers want to create a top babyface, they make them in their own image. Jerry Jarrett's top babyfaces were undersized blondes. Stu Hart's top babyfaces were technical wrestlers with amateur experience. Bill Watts' top babyfaces were chunky superheavyweights who played football. And so it goes. Vince McMahon's top babyfaces a bullying arseholes. Wonder why?

• Like 8

One of the reasons is that he barely uses it. There's a big reason that move isn't used by a lot of guys, even Scott Hall rarely busted it out on top guys. It might be the most universally despised bump in the biz. Here's how often Fale has used it to finish matches in NJPW year-by-year, including tournaments.

2014 - 21 (2 NJC, 4 G1)

2015 - 5 (1 NJC, 2 G1)

2016 - 5 (1 NJC, 2 G1)

2017 - 6 (1 NJC, 4 G1)

2018 - 3 (2 G1)

Props to Satoshi Kojima for taking one during the 2017 World Tag League. The logic would say it was to make TenKoji look strong but I'd like to think he lost a bet.

Falebadluck.gifbad+luck+fall+ishii+g1+24+day+1+resized.qNrMgg0XnGdraVsle3zguwC4ldLmamfBrGjyk_utd3c83a34ef87d5fa6209fd16586e4d65c66daf3dNJ8.8-1.gif

My guess is he worked on it until he was able to make it so the guy was able to drop safer because the only time I've personally seen it bumped bad was the Honma one up above. It's his DEATH move, so yeah, he barely uses it.

I love Kawada as much as the next guy, but could you not post Misawa headdrop bumps? Not exactly in good taste there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That ginger kid in the front row seems to be enjoying the view. Until he realises his Mum can see him.

If we ever do another Smashing Crumpet tournament*, I know who I'm voting for. If we had done it semi-annually, do you think A J Lee might have won it once? Because the board was well into her for a year or two there. Probably too late now though.

* nb: We're never doing another Smashing Crumpet tournament.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, AxB said:

I love Kawada as much as the next guy, but could you not post Misawa headdrop bumps? Not exactly in good taste there.

You don't watch any classic All Japan or Noah anymore?

In the context of a full match, it would be alright-ish. But in the context of 'look at this cool move' it's not in the best taste. Look at this cool move that killed one of the all-time greats.

If someone posted gifs of C**** B***** putting on the Crossface, that would be considered to be firmly in the 'not OK' camp, no?

• Like 1