DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER WRESTLING 2018 GIF THREADS

I'm assuming this is the old heel punches babyface, babyface complains about the closed fist, heel claims it was a palm strike not a punch and the ref can't do shit because he didn't see it and Fuchi is a honest man and pillar of the community.  How dare, I SAY HOW DARE YOU BESMIRCH HIS HONOR SIR!

On 10/3/2018 at 1:38 PM, AxB said:

ftfy

On 10/3/2018 at 1:23 PM, Ramsey said:

Tito Santana says hi.

Worked a 3 day, 3 show program with Tito when I managed "Beef Stew" Lou Marconi.  In the planning of the first match, every other word out of Tito's mouth was F**K.. I was so amused I couldn't keep from smiling.  When he worked for me a handful of times years later, I wasn't around for the spot calling...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Who is that, a Leatherface on Atkins? 

Yeah, it's someone as Leatherface, but obviously not Corp.

It's the WWE. Bullying is only bad when heels are doing it. When Babyfaces bully people, they're just having fun. See Hogan (80s), Rock (90s), et cetera.

• Like 1

Yeah, but the traditional Wrasslin' match structure is: Face dominates due to superior talent, Hell cheats to gain advantage, ref misses it due to shenanigans, Face tries to make comebacks but is cut off by persistent sneaky cheating. Face starts cheating again, ref sees it and castigates him, fans are outraged at the unfairness of it all. House afire comeback, ref bump, visual babyface pinfall, more outrage. Then go to the finish. It's a morality tale, that includes a lesson about the unfairness and injustice in the world, and that bad things can happen to good people.

But in WWE, the face would cheat before the heel, and the ref would let him get away with it. Rock would bury guys on the mic all the time and they'd never get a comeback. Hogan's offence was all eye rakes and back scratches. Heel moves. Villains only deserves their comeuppance if they've done something wrong. Wanting to win a match, or wanting to be the Champion isn't a bad thing, is it?

• Like 1

WWE is a company where we were suppose to dislike Muhammad Hassan for disliking being racially profiled (before the whole thing took *that* turn) so WWE has terrible terrible understandings of what it means to be a good person and a bad person. That is just one example also. Another example any woman who didn't want to be sexualized is somehow an evil person as well in WWE's eyes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sure if you go to the hyper sexual/violent 90's boom period, you could certainly make that case which also bled over to WCW to some extent and (obviously) to ECW where pile driving women in short skirts was a theme.

7 hours ago, Goodear said:

Bad things happening to bad people is fine.  Villains getting their comeuppance is the pay off to the story being told.  

There's a fine line between comeuppance and bullying. WWE faces are primarily asshole bullies.