DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2018 WRESTLING PHOTOS

2 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Yeah same with me, I thought it was wack but then I came around on it when I thought about the casts of things like Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones getting them. It's no different, really. 

I'm not a fan of tattoos in general.  Tattoos on a woman are an instant turn-off for me.  I'm ok with small, tasteful tattoos, but those seemed to fall out of favor 10-20 years ago.  Now even Sunday School teachers get full sleeves.  I was told (by a tattoo enthusiast) that tattoos have become more socially acceptable, so to show your individualism, you have to get more, bigger tats.  Again, getting a small tat on your bicep isn't a show of much when even Sunday School teachers are getting tats.  Tattoos are basically a younger person thing, not part of my generation.  

That said, I do have one tattoo.  In 2009, four of my oldest friends and I ran the Comrades Marathon in South Africa (it's really a 55-mile ultramarathon, not the standard 26.2).  When we all finished, we decided to all get tattoos.  We considered  the date of the race, but decided on the logo of our favorite running shoe company.    So that's how I got the adidas "three stripe "logo tattooed on my right back shoulder blade.

Having done it, my real objection to tattoos is that they hurt like h*ll.  Mine is tiny.  I'd die of alcohol poisoning long before I got drunk enough to agree to full sleeves or something large.

I'm assuming the date is the date the Riott Squad started teaming together?  I can get behind that.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Player One said:

I'm assuming the date is the date the Riott Squad started teaming together?  I can get behind that.

Yeah - it's the date of the Smackdown episode they debuted on

22 hours ago, Peck said:

The reward for getting kicked in the face? 

Seriously, cool of them to get this opportunity.

I wouldn't call being forced to spend the day with Dolph Ziggler a reward

• Haha 2

How old is this man?

Shawn-Michaels-1.jpg

State of him, bloody hell. We need to go on kickstarter to raise money to get his theme music re-recorded. Put the lyrics in the past tense. Should have done that a long time ago.

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, AxB said:

How old is this man?

Shawn-Michaels-1.jpg

State of him, bloody hell. We need to go on kickstarter to raise money to get his theme music re-recorded. Put the lyrics in the past tense. Should have done that a long time ago.

The perfect theme for old man, born again Shawn Michaels. Of course, Brodie Lee/Luke Harper cuttin' down Michaels would be pretty great.

He's needed a new nickname for at least the last 15 years as well. 

The Heart Failure Man, Heart Disease Man, Heart Attack Man

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
edited for accuracy
  • Like 1

On 10/5/2018 at 5:54 PM, Player One said:

I was told (by a tattoo enthusiast) that tattoos have become more socially acceptable, so to show your individualism, you have to get more, bigger tats.

As a guy with two sleeves who was heavily involved in the industry at one point, I can honestly tell you that a cooler and better way to show your individuality is by straight up not having any tattoos

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I forget which booth at NYCC this weekend had the Godfather as a guest, but I overheard him joking about his feud with the Undertaker. Something about how "I'd never have stolen (the urn) from him if I knew how many casket matches I'd have!"