DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

1 minute ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Does this mean when Blake Bortles finally suckasses his way out of the NFL, Khan will throw him a bone and let him be a bitter failed quarterback heel with a massive drinking problem?

Insert *Good Place spoilers* joke here.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Does this mean when Blake Bortles finally suckasses his way out of the NFL, Khan will throw him a bone and let him be a bitter failed quarterback heel with a massive drinking problem?

If Bortles ends up anywhere near this thing, I'll protest outside every show with God Hates Jags signs

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

This could be awesome...Daniel Cormier is going to a try out to be a WWE commentator. I like him calling fights in UFC. I bet at some point in the next year DC wrestles at least one WWE match even if it's a tag match.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

I just hope we get some Jaguars / Fulham FC crossover angles.

Jalen Ramsey & Mitrovic vs. The Bucks

Cody vs. The Michael Jackson statue

Ryan Sessegnon vs Cody in a "Future Legends" match? 

Cody's about to win when, wait a minute, that's Clint Dempsey's music! Clint Dempsey has come back to Fulham! What's he doing here? We thought that he retired!

(Then Dempsey hits Cody with a Diamond Cutter, obvs.)

No, wait, instead of a "Future Legends match," it will be in a "Craven Cottage match!" Fulham plays at the stadium with the best "also sounds like it could be a special match type" name. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FluffSnackwell said:

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Insert *Good Place spoilers* joke here.  

Blake Bortles loses a Loser Leaves Town match to Kenny Omega, comes back under a mask as Jake Jortles. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
30 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Is wrestling really asking for  more Molotov cocktails? 

Solves all our problems!

(... granted we create different problems...)

1 hour ago, FlaeBlazer said:

So I assume some of y’all heard about the lawsuit against Charlotte Flair from her former husband that claims there is police dashcam footage of her going on a “racist tirade”.

I hadn't until now. I'm listening to the details about it now from Cultaholic.

40 minutes ago, FlaeBlazer said:

So I assume some of y’all heard about the lawsuit against Charlotte Flair from her former husband that claims there is police dashcam footage of her going on a “racist tirade”.

I would be utterly shocked that a person who grew up in Ric Flair's household was racist.

You can't see it, but I definitely have my shocked face on right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Jericho's Twitter strongly suggests that either the SEScoops story is bullshit, or he's working the net.  I guess either is possible. 

Of course. Everybody is going to publicly deny everything until it's actually done. That's normal.

On 10/17/2018 at 5:40 PM, AxB said:

The old WoS, from the 70s, yeah. Not so much this year's version. It was a ten week season, and I've watched six so far. I think everyone else on the board no-sold it.

I watched the first four weeks and then life got in the way and I got behind and can't work up the desire to catch up. Is it streaming somewhere?

13 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Is wrestling really asking for  more Molotov cocktails? 

Ian Rotten reads this, picks up a bag of quarters, heads to the trailer park pay phone with his address book, his wife shouts “Ian... where you going?”

”Honey, I’ve got an idea, I’m getting the band back together”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, OSJ said:

"Okay, pal! He'll be okay after we get rid of the mask and my son teaches him how to throw a punch! We'll have him feud with Santino! They can fight over which is better, lasagna or tacos! It's money, pal!"

Not nearly enough "goddammits".

I just watched both of them in full for the first time and I’m wondering what y’all think. What’s the better NOAH Tokyo Dome show? Departure in 2004 or Destiny in 2005? Both great shows and they’re about equal for me. The Kobashi matches were obviously the MOTNs but I think I like Kobashi/Akiyama more than Kobashi/Sasaki. When grading shows, I tend to put a lot of weight into the quality of the main event because that’s ultimately the match that leaves the taste in your mouth at the end, good or bad. Departure main event of Kobashi/Akiyama smokes the final Misawa/Kawada encounter but I think the overall Destiny card top to bottom is considerably stronger so it’s about a push.

On 10/20/2018 at 2:41 AM, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

I watched the first four weeks and then life got in the way and I got behind and can't work up the desire to catch up. Is it streaming somewhere?

I caught a few episodes of this and couldn't get over how terrible the camera work was, not to mention that Rampage Brown seemed to be the only person on the show that gave a shit how their ring work looked.