DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

If I had to compare the 4 Horsewomen to four of the Horsemen, I'd say Sasha was the Ric, Becky was the Tully, Bayley was the Sting, and Charlotte is the Sid. Nobody is the Arn, more's the pity.

The big thing with the Horsewomen is each one has one big strength over all the others and one fatal flaw that kills them (and it's usually related to their strength).

Sasha is the best at taking the big bumps, but that also can lead her to be more reckless than she should be.

Bayley is the best at connecting with the fans organically, but it's been tapered by being the worst promo of the four. 

Becky is the best technical wrestler, but she's also the most likely to coast of the four (she has a bad habit of working down to her opponent instead of bringing them up to her level.) 

Charlotte is the most "WWE-ready" total package, but she also was the first of the four to truly regress this year, and when she regressed, she regressed HARD (like from live examples- people knocked the IIconics from their first match with the botches in Billie Kay/Charlotte. I was there live, and even from the cheap seats it was crystal-clear Charlotte was the one who fucked up. And that's against opponents who'd be graciously considered average in the ring.) 

Sasha is a lot like CM Punk. Fantastic heel character, but an excellent in-ring babyface as well. Not as athletic as they think they are. Can be quite outspoken about their own perceived worth. And, at their best, really, really good.

That's my pipe-bomb for the day.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

Becky is the best technical wrestler, but she's also the most likely to coast of the four (she has a bad habit of working down to her opponent instead of bringing them up to her level.)

There was an interview that Becky did recently where she talked about her first title run and that she give too much to make her opponent and wasn't selfish enough to make herself look good in the process.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

Sasha is a lot like CM Punk. Fantastic heel character, but an excellent in-ring babyface as well. Not as athletic as they think they are. Can be quite outspoken about their own perceived worth. And, at their best, really, really good.

This is a pretty good comparison.

16 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

I actually don't disagree with any of that. But like Punk, she has fans that go way over the top in praising her. Like all of the gushing over her Raw match with Ruby Riot being the best women's match in ages, when the reality is it wasn't even the best women's match on that show.  It was a sloppy slopfest and I don't think much of that was Riot's fault.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, nofuture said:

There was an interview that Becky did recently where she talked about her first title run and that she give too much to make her opponent and wasn't selfish enough to make herself look good in the process.

That was Chasing Glory which is the show that Lillian Garcia's been doing.  I never paid attention to the show before but the one with Becky is a really great listen.  It's not in character but it sure sounds like there's a ton of reality that Becky's bringing into this story and it shows.  And for giggles might as well hear Charlotte's episode which aired this week to balance it out.  If anything her show should get a lot more love as it's basically wrestlers opening up about what they've had to go through and it makes for one helluva listen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

Anyone else think Becky is going to lose the title in Australia, only to win it back at Evolution then start he long run as Champ or is that just me?

I'd prefer just to have her long run now rather than having to drop it just so the Aussie crowd can see a title change, then winning it right back. I hate flip flopping titles like that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I wonder what the consensus would be on a list of wrestlers all-time who fit this description.

Latter-day Jericho would have to rank high. 

You could absolutely see AJ having to slow it down for Jericho during their feud.

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

Sasha Banks has a lock on the top spot. The Legit Boss gave Charlotte Flair (Falls Count Anywhere/No Disqualification match on RAW in November 2016), Becky Lynch (NXT TakeOver: Unstoppable 2015), Bayley (NXT TakeOver: Respect 2015), Alexa Bliss (SummerSlam 2017 or RAW two weeks later) and Nia Jax (RAW, August 2017) their best ever matches. Same could be said for Asuka (post Royal Rumble 2018 RAW).

Honestly, I think this is giving Sasha too much credit. I'm not sure any of the Sasha/Charlotte matches were better than the best Charlotte/Bayley matches or the WM match with Asuka. To try to put over the random Raw match with Sasha as Asuka's best match is kind of insulting. That was no where near the level of Asuka's matches with Ember, Charlotte, or Nikki Cross. And Nia's best match is probably either the first one with Bayley or the gauntlet match which Sasha was only a part of.

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't think this is a controversial opinion but I think Asuka and Kairi Sane are the best workers out of all the women on the rosters.  Ember Moon,  Ruby Riot, Nikki Cross are all awesome too.  Shayna is solid but i don't rank her above the aforementioned.

I was actually thinking about this last night after my post. I probably agree on Asuka being the best. I think its a little early to say so on Kairi unless we are counting work outside of WWE. I feel like Ruby is a little overrated. Cross, I feel is probably a bit limited by her character. I think Shayna is still figuring some things out, but is easily ahead of Cross and Ruby at the moment.

18 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You could absolutely see AJ having to slow it down for Jericho during their feud.

He's always sort of had lead in his ass. When he was younger he could push himself harder to keep up. Now, he often wrestles like a guy who's fooled himself into thinking he's something he's not.

But his buddy gave him his five stars and he can comfortably call his own shots, so there's no changing him. 

22 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'd prefer just to have her long run now rather than having to drop it just so the Aussie crowd can see a title change, then winning it right back. I hate flip flopping titles like that.

I mean yeah in an ideal world but they have Becky vs Charlotte on saturday and at the end of the month. I'm skeptical that they are gonna have Charlotte go over Becky three PPV's in a row.

7 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Fixed.

You know, I was going to write "the asshole Shawn Michaels is", but I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt that maybe being born again is legit and he may actually have become a better person. Although, I'm very skeptical about that.

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You know, I was going to write "the asshole Shawn Michaels is", but I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt that maybe being born again is legit and he may actually have become a better person. Although, I really don't believe it.

Considering he went born again during his back injury and came back to be the same petulant asshole in matches when he had to do what he didn't want to, signs point to no.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Considering he went born again during his back injury and came back to be the same petulant asshole in matches when he had to do what he didn't want to, signs point to no.

While we're discussing being born again, we might as well have a Borne Again video set to Skinny Puppy.

1. Bayley 

Had Sasha's best match. Asuka's best WWE matches. Nia's best match. Eva Marie's best match. 

2. Sasha

Had Charlotte and Becky and Alexa's best matches

3. Becky

Because she gives Charlotte well deserved beatings on a regular basis

4. Charlotte

• Like 4
  • Sad 2