DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

17 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I don't believe in a world where Terry Funk and Eddie Guerrero aren't the best second generation wrestlers ever, much less the best any generation wrestlers ever.

Negro Casas says Hola :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SorceressKnight said:

She's the weakest of the Horsewomen

Ranking the Horsewomen: 1. Charlotte, by a country mile.

2. Becky Lynch

And, after a precipitous drop,

3. The Legit Botch

4. Bayley

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Honestly, whether its due to booking or whatever I actually think Charlotte is easily the most consistent of the four. I love Becky, but I think she is actually the most overrated with little proof that she is on the same level as the other three outside of that one match with Sasha. Part of that is definitely on booking, but even in terms of dealing with lesser opponents I think the others have her beat. When she is at her best I actually think Sasha probably does take the lead though she is in a weird place where her trying to go 90s joshi level at times has been both a success and a hindrance to her. I think Bayley is probably the best a WWE's regular style, but she is also the worst at execution.

• Like 1

I could never get into Bayley because of her awful strikes, I have a hard time believing any of her comebacks because of it. She pretty good at everything else though so it'd odd. That podcast she did with Austin where she mentioned she was afraid to lay into Auska because of a fear of a receipt was telling.

I always thought Becky's matches came off a little disjointed and I saw an interview she did the Lillian where she mentioned that she gave too much to opponents which makes sense. She should probably be in control more for matches and not letting less experienced people take the lead.

Charlotte and Sasha get how to work within the WWE system so they'll always be ok. Bliss gets it too.

• Like 1

I'd go:

1. Sasha Banks. 

2. Becky Lynch. 

3. Charlotte Flair.

4. Bayley.

REASONS:

Sasha Banks has a lock on the top spot. The Legit Boss gave Charlotte Flair (Falls Count Anywhere/No Disqualification match on RAW in November 2016), Becky Lynch (NXT TakeOver: Unstoppable 2015), Bayley (NXT TakeOver: Respect 2015), Alexa Bliss (SummerSlam 2017 or RAW two weeks later) and Nia Jax (RAW, August 2017) their best ever matches. Same could be said for Asuka (post Royal Rumble 2018 RAW). 

Before it was Charlotte Flair over Becky Lynch but that's changed this year. I enjoy Becky Balboa more and Charlotte is a crappy face. Also Charlotte shouldn't have ended Asuka's undefeated streak at WrestleMania XXXIII. 

Bayley's had fewest highlights on the main roster compared to her fellow NXT Four Horsewomen. Feels long ago her walking into WrestleMania XXXIII as RAW Women's Champion and out with it. The Alexa Bliss 2017 feud sunk her.

• Like 1

Did Lance Von Erich have a bad match with Samoa Joe in 2004? No? Zebra Kid did. Also, I'm fairly sure he updates his own Wikipedia page. Have a look at the grammar at the end of the 'Wrestling Career' section.

10 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I don't believe in a world where Terry Funk and Eddie Guerrero aren't the best second generation wrestlers ever, much less the best any generation wrestlers ever.

But Dory was a better world champion.

Dory is also not Terry

Just found the funniest Abdullah promo on the PR set. Gary Hart is talking about how Carlos Colon wants none of "the black man" while Abby bangs on a chair with a claw hammer (which he notices is facing the wrong way and deftly spins around in his hand). Then he sets the chair down, comes back from off-screen with a roll of toilet paper, sits down and calmly starts unrolling the toilet paper while staring off in the distance. It's brilliant.

• Haha 1

Becky, Sasha, Bayley, Charlotte.

To this day, I do not see why people consider Charlotte a good worker.  I'm not sure if it's the body type making her look this way, but she has always appeared awkward to me in the ring and not a natural worker.  Her facial expressions are terrible - she doesn't emote well at all and cannot draw me into a match with her ringwork.  And I'm *still* saltier than caviar over her ending Asuka's streak at WrestleMania, which she still hasn't recovered from and probably never will.

You can argue her position vis a vis Sasha or Bayley at this point, but Becky is so far ahead of her in every way it's not even funny.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Just found the funniest Abdullah promo on the PR set. Gary Hart is talking about how Carlos Colon wants none of "the black man" while Abby bangs on a chair with a claw hammer (which he notices is facing the wrong way and deftly spins around in his hand). Then he sets the chair down, comes back from off-screen with a roll of toilet paper, sits down and calmly starts unrolling the toilet paper while staring off in the distance. It's brilliant.

Woosh. Speaking of, good thing those Chicky Starr promos don't have subtitles. He dropped endless N bombs on Carlos Colón along with a long list of other racial insults...

Promos which aired on daytime TV on local channels that did massive ratings...

That's one of the main reasons he drew nuclear heat and caused a ton of riots and the rings were filled with trash whenever he wrestled.

I don't think this is a controversial opinion but I think Asuka and Kairi Sane are the best workers out of all the women on the rosters.  Ember Moon,  Ruby Riot, Nikki Cross are all awesome too.  Shayna is solid but i don't rank her above the aforementioned. 

I have Sasha ranked 1st of all the horsewomen,  she has the best in-ring resume out of all of them and she has each person's best match. 

Also,  "Botcha" is a dumb nickname.  For one she doesn't botch anymore than anyone else and two "Botcha" doesn't actually rhyme or come close to rhyming with "Sasha".  

• Like 2