DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

• RIPPA pinned and featured this topic

A little surprised it didn't happen sooner, but Daniel Bryan put up a few posts defending Brie.  Would need to click on the tweet to see the ones above it.

Scratch that, it's not a Twitter thread like I'm normally used to seeing.  But check his profile and he has a few tweets from today.

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

He's probably doing these to work on his social credit score so that doesn't happen.

#Free Fan Bingbing! (It'll never trend on Weibo).

Happy October, and of course that means this:

It irks the shit out of me that Bob Claudle says he doesn't know where Paul E. dug them up. They were called the Samoan Swat Team. That should have been your tip-off, asshole.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

A little surprised it didn't happen sooner, but Daniel Bryan put up a few posts defending Brie.  Would need to click on the tweet to see the ones above it.

Scratch that, it's not a Twitter thread like I'm normally used to seeing.  But check his profile and he has a few tweets from today.

Didn't we all kinda cyber bully WWE into putting the world title on him though? Corporations are people too, my friend. #CancelWWENetwork

• Like 2

I typed in "Halloween Wrestling Matches" into YouTube and this came up. It's not pro wrestling related but it's a 9 year old Khabib Nurmagomedov, the man who is fighting Conor McGregor on Saturday wrestling a bear cub. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Web Conn said:

I typed in "Halloween Wrestling Matches" into YouTube and this came up. It's not pro wrestling related but it's a 9 year old Khabib Nurmagomedov, the man who is fighting Conor McGregor on Saturday wrestling a bear cub. 

Sweet double leg takedown at 00:38.

Been re-watching a ton of old Japanese 90's indys (namely W*ING and FMW) and it brings back a ton of memories from way back then when I first decided to start following Japanese pro-wrestling due to those Tokyo Pop FMW commercial releases.

Anyway, I maybe alone, but I prefer 90's W*ING and FMW to 90's AJPW and NJPW. Fuyuki WEW era FMW isn't as appealing to me, but the 90's Onita FMW and Hayabusa and Masato Tanaka rise FMW was the best.

Because it came up in the Mediocre Wrestlers thread, CONTENT: PROMOTER'S SONS.

BEST: Tully Blanchard. One of the few promoter's kids to have enjoyed his greatest career success outside the family promotion, a great worker, a fantastic natural heel, a good talker. Everything you could want. He was in a stable with Ric Flair in the 80s and wasn't overshadowed, he was that good. Best by a mile.

WORST: Shane McMahon. Terrible punches, always booked as stronger than actual Wrestlers, does high falls from dangerous places and doesn't sell them long term. Has no physique to speak of, which is unforgivable in that gene pool. Take a 25 year old Shane McMahon, take his name away, and have him show up at the performance centre asking for a try out. Does he pass? Does he fuck. But he's outworking Kurt Angle on the mat. Fucking bullshit.

MOST OVERRATED: See, the over- and under-rated categories are tricky with such a small talent pool to discuss. So let's just extend it to include Sons-in-law and say Triple H is the most overrated Promoter's kid. Keep the streak alive.

MOST UNDERRATED: Bruce Hart. It can't have been easy, having been the best working Hart brother, and then having your younger siblings massively outshine everything you ever did.