DVDVR Message Board

It Takes Two Elements

Casey

Lil-Pump-Kanye-West-SNL-2.png

peak hip hop ^^

-----

in other news I got a bunch of new albums to listen to on my two days off in a few days. I'm kinda excited to check out the remaster of the 1998 Dynospectrum album - I only know of Slug from that group but Rhymesayers has a solid roster of talent so I'm sure I won't be disappointed. Other albums I've gotten ahold of lately are Zoomo's Dawn, Saba's Care For Me, Pink Siifu's ensley, Observe Since 98's Portrait Of A Savage and a handful of others.

Honestly I've meant to get caught up on this year's stuff since I'm taking public transport more and definitely have the time on there to listen to albums, but instead I've just been listening to Hermit & The Recluse (Ka and Animoss) over and over and over. It's all hypermassive chord beats that Ka sails over. Here's (roughly) how the record opens. Can't recommend it enough.

• Like 1

This is about music. His political views and the stupid shit he says has no place in this thread. If we can't talk about politics elsewhere on this board, I don't see why this would be any different.

I've got the Quazarz albums on my harddrive but haven't listened to them yet. But I still pop in Black Up at least once a month. Their bandcamp page is really fairly priced, I've gotten a few bundles of their stuff. The Lese Majesty shirt is a favorite of mine.

Some poor bastard with bills to pay gave up some crown jewels from  his eclectic hip hop collection to Books A Million the other day. 

There is some DJ Shadow and DJ Krush in the crate and I think there is a copy of Blowout Comb by Digable Planets in there.

His loss will be my gain if those shits are still in the stacks next payday when my OT loot kicks in.   I AM BUYING THEM ALL~!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Action Bronson announced that he's leaving VICE.

I'm also pretty deep into the new albums by Travis Scott, Takeoff, Quavo, Metro Boomin, Vince Staples and the aforementioned Action Bronson.

• 2 weeks later...

Tekashi 6ix 9ine is facing 25 to life on RICO charges. Ebro has always been right about this kid, but it's still sad. Apparently the NYPD and the FBI tried to tell him that before the end of the year he'd be dead or in prison if he didn't turn things around, but he didn't want to believe them.

Pusha T's Toronto concert got a lil' wild, with people throwing beer at him then rushing the stage and getting into a fight with his crew (Push had smartly ran off stage before they bumrushed the stage). Then this motherfucker came back out after all of that, and performed Infrared (and a few other songs). Wild.

Aaaand to wrap this all up, Earl Sweatshirt has released two songs off his new album, "Some Rap Songs". He's giving me some serious MF DOOM vibes as of late.

It has just dawned on me that Lemon has been on my Get Me Home driving music playlist for over a year.  

Everytime I watch the video, the song gets a new lease on life with me.

I have always liked NERD and I could watch Mette Towley twerk all day.

I got Earl Sweatshirt's album last night. Goddamnit, between Travis Scott and this, it's making it super difficult for Courtney Barnett to maintain her #1 spot on my list for the year. UGHHHH.

Oh and that Tekashi 6ix9ine album is STRAIGHT FUCKIN' TRASH.

My first impression of the Earl record is that it makes me extremely uncomfortable to think of all the people that are going to call it revolutionary and trailblazing like this isn't the path milo/scallops hotel has been journeying down for years.

if you fuck with the Earl record, I beseech you, go listen to milo's output this year- sovereign nose of (y)our arrogant face, Nostrum Grocers, and budding ornothologists are tired of weary analogies.    You'll like them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...