It Takes Two Elements

Casey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/29/2019 at 12:28 AM, Casey said:

new album coming on September 13th. Fuck yeah.

They played at the 2nd annual Dia De Los Deftones festival back in November of this year.

My cousin went... again...…

• 5 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Casey said:

Hasbro owns Death Row Records now, because 2020 is going to be even more weird than 2019.

The best part of that news is that the company that sold it (Entertainment One) produces the hit children's show, Peppa Pig.

• 6 months later...

I put this on the flash drive I use to listen to music in the car and listened to it for the first time completely cold, and it's a banger. Love how this one ends with the beat cut down to nothing, then adds continuing layers of music by the measure until it's this enormous ball of sound. 

Also on the political tip, I finally got around to listening to the last Dead Prez record from 2012 and was massively disappointed. Way, WAY too 'pop' sounding for them. I also thought the song about not eating white foods was just going too far -- I get the message and I respect their dietary choices (I'm pretty much immune to being bothered by that stuff after listening to hardcore and anarcho punk for years), but it just came off as eye-rolling. Especially from the band that wrote "Fucked Up". 

Edited by Curt McGirt

• 2 months later...

So, Rolling Stone re-did their Top 500 Greatest Albums of All-Time list. The highest ranking hip-hop album was at #10, and it's The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. So, by Rolling Stone's metric, that's their pick for the greatest hip-hop album ever made.

I'm not sure I agree, but I'm also not entirely mad either because I fucking LOVE Lauryn Hill.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

If the current administration is trying to earn my vote, they have taken a step in the right direction.

Wu-Tang Clan album Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) has been archived in the U.S. Library of Congress.

The record joins Low End Theory by A Tribe Called Quest and Songs in A Minor by Alicia Keys in entering the National Recording Registry this week.

"Wu-Tang Clan's 1993 album Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) would shape the sound of hardcore rap and reasserted the creative capacity of the East Coast rap scene," a spokesperson commented. "The group's individual artists would go on to produce affiliated projects that deepened the group's influence for decades in hip-hop."

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2020 at 7:29 PM, Casey said:

So, Rolling Stone re-did their Top 500 Greatest Albums of All-Time list. The highest ranking hip-hop album was at #10, and it's The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. So, by Rolling Stone's metric, that's their pick for the greatest hip-hop album ever made.

I'm not sure I agree, but I'm also not entirely mad either because I fucking LOVE Lauryn Hill.

I also LOVE Lauryn Hill, but I'd argue that The Carnival, Wyclef Jean's debut album is better than The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill.  Seriously, listen to them back to back one day and tell me which one you like more.  That's not saying Lauryn's album isn't great, it's just a little overrated while The Carnival is severely underrated.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...