DVDVR Message Board

Halloween Havoc : Season of the Witch pre-thread

Execproducer

11 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I had to check and we've done Theatre of Blood before, since I saw it's on the tcm list. 

Yes, I reviewed it. Black Comedy category. Love that film. In fact, most of the films that I have reviewed for this fall in that category. Or they are so stupid they are mildly amusing (Critters lI).

4 hours ago, Marty Sugar said:

I'm in. Worried I missed it.

Not at all. Joint's under new management. At least for this year. We'll see how it goes or if Brian finds his mojo. I'm enjoying it so far, but I haven't actually had to do anything yet, hahaha. Anyway, I need to get a few hours sleep and then I will post an update of where we stand. Response has been great, but we have suffered our first casualty. I am mulling over an idea for anyone who doesn't feel like they can make the time commitment to participate, but I'm going to sleep on it first.  Thanks everyone.

• Like 2

Update time. So far, I have picks from

J.T.

odessasteps

Ultimo Necro

driver

Marty Sugar

JaeDMC

Twiztor

Brian Fowler

Curt McGirt

nate

That leaves only Travis Sheldon. No pressure, but by tomorrow night would be great.

Now, originally I said that I wasn't going to worry if there was a duplicate or two. After all, there are years that can't be accounted for and it would be a different review anyway. I am going to amend that by saying no re-picks. But if you would like to participate but don't have the free time for picking a film and watching and reviewing a new one, I'll accept a new review for an old pick. Maybe you disagree with the previous reviewer or you have some penetrating insights that weren't covered the first time.  Probably not necessary at this point, but if there is anyone out there the fills the bill, I'll post the review. Not part of the Havoc proper but bonus material, if you will.

I've been on a straight horror movie kick for the last couple of months - at least, when watching something that's not BoJack.  However, since my idea of living in a horror film is having to participate in anything that smacks of Secret Santa (even if that Santa is a Secret Slasher Santa), I will be doing the predictable (i.e., completely self-involved & self-serving) thing and tossing some reviews at you that no one needs or wants.  I welcome your side-eye.  All of the side-eyes.  Hope no one picked a shitload of Cronenberg.

4 hours ago, Contentious C said:

I've been on a straight horror movie kick for the last couple of months - at least, when watching something that's not BoJack.  However, since my idea of living in a horror film is having to participate in anything that smacks of Secret Santa (even if that Santa is a Secret Slasher Santa), I will be doing the predictable (i.e., completely self-involved & self-serving) thing and tossing some reviews at you that no one needs or wants.  I welcome your side-eye.  All of the side-eyes.  Hope no one picked a shitload of Cronenberg.

I would defend this game against such a horrible accusation, except, back (oh God) 8 years ago when I first floated the idea of reviving it, one of the names I considered was Secret Slasher

All but two films have been sent. I need confirmation on a release date for one film and then I'll send them both off. Since there are 12 of us playing, I'd like to get these no later than the 18th, though obviously the sooner they start coming in the happier I'll be.