DVDVR Message Board

Halloween Havoc : Season of the Witch pre-thread

Execproducer

First and foremost, thanks to @Brian Fowler for creating and running this thing for so long. Longer, probably, than most would. This is pretty much my favorite time of the year around these parts and I've enjoyed being involved in the last 5 or so editions of the Havoc. So, when Brian lost his smile, I decided to take a shot at keeping it alive. Hopefully Brian will join in the fun minus the headache or at least throw me a pro tip or two.

Now down to business. I think it is a no-brainer to keep the basic structure that Brian developed. So, indicate in this thread that you are down with the sickness. PM me your film pick with a brief explanation of why it is your choice. No real life animal cruelty. Try not to choose ridiculously obscure films.  I'll PM you the film you will review. Write it up and send it to me. Wait for the fun.

I would like to get picks in by Tuesday evening, but we can stretch it out a bit if necessary. Once I have an idea of how many people want to do this, I'll come up with the deadline for your reviews. Hopefully people will still want to do this, even without our Fearless Leader. And if it turns out to be a complete disaster, well, you were warned by this years title.

Also, if you are new to this, there are multiple threads of Halloween Havoc's past that you can search to get the gist of what is going on. And I believe the last couple may have a list of films previously reviewed though I am not going to be overly worried if there is a repeat or two since it will be a fresh review. If you're passionate about Critters II (I don't know why you would be) than put it up.

Do not be dismayed, Fowler.  I'm just trying to keep up my participation because I am sometimes shit at these things..  I know that being in charge of stuff is hard and we are always thankful to you for taking the initiative to keep the board content on point.

Well that was a quick overthrow @J.T.;)

I'll definitely still play.

(For the pedantic record, I didn't create the game. It was done by someone else, I don't remember who, many years and a few complete board crashes ago. It was original only done once, as "This is Halloween" and I cheerfully revived it a few years later as an annual event.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1