DVDVR Message Board

A Good Walk Spoiled

Dolfan in NYC

• 3 weeks later...

School knocked my schedule for a loop this year. But I'm not taking any summer classes, so it's off to the range/course again.

I need to move on from the set I grabbed from some kid for $50 last year. My 7-iron blew apart at the range a few nights ago. I've had that, a driver and a 3-wood fly apart so far. I liked the set but obviously they're crumbling apart and I could use something that fits my height a bit more.

Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

One of those, irony can be so damned ironic moments: 

The Doral Tournament is dead.  The PGA is moving the WGC event to Mexico City because the tournament could not find a new title sponsor once Cadillac pulled out.  

The owner of the Doral course?   Donald Trump.   He reacted, of course, with class and dignity, "They're moving it to Mexico City which, by the way, I hope they have kidnapping insurance."

• 3 weeks later...

Okay I don't quite understand what is going on in the US Open with Dustin Johnson but it seems like they think he might have caused the ball to move on the 5th green but they are waiting until they find out if it actually matters before making the decision.   And to make it worse they have actually warned Johnson that which if so is a complete and unfair mind fuck

Even the announcers think this is crap

• 1 month later...

He was so far out of it that his 58 posted before the top guys even started - and he STILL wasn't in the lead. Went from +1 to  -11, jumping 65 spots. 

On 2016-06-01 at 3:58 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

One of those, irony can be so damned ironic moments: 

The Doral Tournament is dead.  The PGA is moving the WGC event to Mexico City because the tournament could not find a new title sponsor once Cadillac pulled out.  

The owner of the Doral course?   Donald Trump.   He reacted, of course, with class and dignity, "They're moving it to Mexico City which, by the way, I hope they have kidnapping insurance."

Doral might be the single course that best shows off everything that went totally wrong in golf course design for a while. There isn't a single nonpar 3 on the entire course where playing driver-short iron isn't a distinct advantage. No real thought, no real strategy to it. Just bomb bomb bomb. Happy to see it gone.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is it illegal to fall asleep at the wheel, because it turns out he blew a 0.0 on the breathalizer.  I guess he could have been on any number of other substances, but so far this has been reported irresponsibly.  

• 6 months later...

The  PGA has announced they will no longer accept input from television viewers about ongoing play.  

Because apparently, Hi Def TV & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder has caused a flood of calls/tweets/emails about players who dropped inches away from where they were supposed to, or accidentally violating some stupid rule, and the administration is sick of it. 

On 12/15/2017 at 7:12 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

The  PGA has announced they will no longer accept input from television viewers about ongoing play.  

Because apparently, Hi Def TV & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder has caused a flood of calls/tweets/emails about players who dropped inches away from where they were supposed to, or accidentally violating some stupid rule, and the administration is sick of it. 

More importantly, they will no longer tack on a 2-shot penalty for signing an indirect scorecard unknowingly. It took Lexi Thompson getting screwed out of a championship to get these changes but at least we got them. 

• 3 months later...

Sergio went full-on Tin Cup and put five balls in the water on the same hole today. Going out on the world's shortest limb and predicting he will not be defending his green jacket over the weekend.

• 5 months later...