DVDVR Message Board

A Good Walk Spoiled

Dolfan in NYC

He wound up shooting a 61.  Has a seven stroke lead going into tomorrow.  ESPN really needs to find a new line on the whole "Tiger needs to get back to who he was in 1997!" spiel.  Uh, that was 16 years, about three swing changes, two caddies, two children, 15 cocktail waitresses, a wedding , a divorce, and a broken leg ago.  That Tiger ain't coming back.  Let it go.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

He's really talented and I think he'll win a lot, including majors, but his swing seems like we will continue to see him play pretty poorly at times also.  It just looks like a swing that's not easily repeatable compared to some other great ones.  This is nitpicking obviously.  I would keep my eye on Fowler as well.  He's having a great year and this is very shortly after him completely changing his swing.  His head is obviously in the right place as well.  Between those two and Spieth, plus a bunch of other really talented guys, we will see some great golf in the coming years. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's lame how stuff doesn't always get out. He initially announced that he was talking some time off for personal reasons. The fact they let him make that statement knowing it was a lie and that he was actually suspended is a lie itself.

Tiger pulls out today after nine holes due to back pain. Between how he's playing (average) and his back (not 100% yet), I don't think they should be taking him as a captain's pick for the Ryder Cup.

Isn't it always?

Really, the American team is really talented but I would give the edge to Europe because of where the match is. Losing DJ is a big blow but if Tiger doesn't play I see that as a positive for the Americans. They would get to play the match without that distraction.

The worst case for the Americans would be if Tiger plays the PGA and isn't completely terrible and Watson uses a pick on him.

• Like 1

The last time the Americans won the Ryder Cup was the last time Tiger didn't play for them due to injury.

If you look at Ryder Cup results, both Woods (14.5 points from 33 matches) and Phil Mickelson (17 points from 38 matches) are below .500 in their Ryder Cup careers.

Mickelson hasn't had a good year, but if he plays well in the PGA he will probably make the team on merit. If he doesn't, I have a feeling Watson will use a pick on him. Not sure how I feel about that based on the names below him.

I sort of understand why they are doing it but by putting special features on the camera it is putting a terrible false image.   If you watch on TV you would think they have another half hour left but looking at pictures on Twitter you can barely see maybe 50 yards ahead of you.

It also must suck that they are racing through like it is a par 3 course.   If Rory was tied or up by only 1 I have to think it would have been different