A Good Walk Spoiled

Dolfan in NYC

"We won't do business with you because it's not worth the blowback"

"Fine, we're going to steal your players and run our own tour."

"Don't like it, but still not worth it"

(time passes)

"It's been a bit... are you ready now?"

"Still not worth the blowback!"

"Ah, I see the operative word. "Worth" I have the fix here. (shows a check with a ludicrous amount of 0's at the end)"

"WELCOME VALUED PARTNER!"

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Log said:

So, is the PGA effectively swallowing up LIV, but taking on some of it's leadership/investors?

Is LIV done after this current 2023 tour ends?

The new organization is going to headed by the PIF that runs Newscastle, so not sure who is the dog and who is the tail. 

• Thanks 1

One thing about the early announcement is that its void of details on how the tours will even run. I guess partly because they haven't worked that out themselves but it will be interesting to see how all three tours work together. Will they still do their own thing but just in a way that doesn't conflict with each other? Will the PGA embrace the team format? Many questions.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The big thing that is obvious right away is that folks on the PGA tour are pissed

And the other big thing is that the LIV golfers who left and having the greatest day ever.  Phil couldn't contain his happiness over the situation.   And Brooks Koepka saw a great opportunity to a man in the dick.

It's not embedding but Bryson DeChambeau went on CNN this morning to praise the deal and was all but doing the Rodney Dangerfield nervous collar pull after some basic questioning by Kaitlin Collins.  

"They’re accused of financing terrorism," Collins said. "They’re also accused of killing Washington Post reporter Jamal Khashoggi. How do you feel knowing that is where the money is backed by?"

DeChambeau's answer didn't exactly radiate confidence, and his attempt to distance himself from geopolitical issues quickly went sideways.

“I mean look, it’s unfortunate what has happened but that is not something I can necessarily speak on because I’m a golfer," he said. "What I can say is that, what they’re trying to do, what they're trying to work on is be better allies, because we are allies with them. I’m not going to get into the politics of it, I’m not specialized in it. But what I can say is they’re trying to do good for the world and showcase themselves in a light that hasn’t been seen in a while. Nobody is perfect but we’re all trying to improve in life."

Lefty and Brooks can talk all the trash they want on Twitter, but to their credit, I'll bet they're nowhere near stupid enough to sit in front of an actual journalist. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sergio Garcia's streak of 25 consecutive Open Championships (aka the British Open) is over as he failed to qualify in one of today's qualifers

Garcia needed to qualify this way due to not earning world ranking points due to being on the LIV tour

• Like 1

In another reminder that we are 43252009 years old

Michelle Wie West will be playing her finally golf tournament this week.

Granted she is only 33 and had always said he would retire after she started having kids but still

• Sad 1

A couple of highlights from today's US Senate hearings about the Saudi purchase of the PGA  (no way in hell it was a 'merger'):

1) The Saudi PIF added a non-disparagement clause at the last second.

2) The PGA got LIV to fire Greg Norman (their CEO) when the agreement was finalized. 

That last bit made me smile.  How big an asshole must you be for all of the most horrible people on earth to collective tell you to fuck off.