DVDVR Message Board

A Good Walk Spoiled

Dolfan in NYC

15 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I'll be honest, I am surprised how many are going. I figured even if more went later, that they'd wait to see if there actually is a season two before going all-in and torching the PGA and DP World bridges. They must be offering not just a lot of money, but a lot of money up front (Bryson confirmed as much) that the players are willing to potentially throw away their career for something there is no guarantee will last.

I am in some ways and some not. Players waiting to see what public reaction is/fellow pros, what the governing body will do to those who jumped and going now while the gettings good.

Seeing already wealthy people taking blood money is bad but I think Stenson pissed me off the most. You get chosen to be Ryder Cup Captain for Team Europe but you'd rather sell out to greed. Fuck you. The likes of Stenson and before LIV future nailed on Team Europe captains in Lee Westwood, Ian Poulter and Sergio Garcia should never get that honour. Fuck 'em.

• Like 1

The PGA Tour bordered on a scam all the time anyway, so whatever, let the two of them eat each other alive for all I care.  As per usual with sports, I'm more concerned with the environmental impact to be had by jetting all these rich fucks all over the place so they can play a stupid game than I am with their decisions, even when they are as crass and disgusting as getting in bed with this group.  The sooner we quit putting money in their pockets and use it to buy ourselves dinner, the better off we are.

On 7/24/2022 at 7:49 AM, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Will be interesting to see the reactions if Charles Barkley really signs on with LIV.

Barkley has broken off negotiations with LIV and will remain with TNT.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

re-reading draw in the dunes and the books about the '91 and '99 Ryder Cups, I think the LIV rebels are really missing something in not making the team playoffs/championship match play over a few weeks. Why? Stroke play down the stretch encourages "safe" golf. I want folks being forced to hit the shot a of a lifetime to win.

Day 1: Alternate Shot (2 matches, 2 v 2)

Day 2: Better Ball/Four Ball (2 matches, 2 v 2)

Day 3: Four Singles Matches, Plus any possible tiebreaker

The tiebreaker would be a Four Hole showdown with each member of a team playing one hole, stroke play style, with extra holes as necessary.

Quarterfinals (5 v 12, 6 v 11, 7 v10 8 v 9)

Semifinals (top 4 seeds enter)

Final

Put that over 3 weeks (each at different courses), and you have ready made storylines for each week

Have a normal tournament for the folks who aren't playing if you need to

Edited by SirFozzie

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I love it. All that bluster from the PGA, '(we can't say bl00dmoney?)' this and 'LIV players no longer exist to us' that and suddenly with the right amount of money and concessions (whatever that may be) everyone is friends again.

• Like 1