DVDVR Message Board

2018 NFL - WEEK FOUR

Dolfan in NYC

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Earl Thomas broke his leg

Earl Thomas flipped off the Seahawks sideline as he was carted off

I really think we are headed towards something significant with football contracts.  Earl Thomas was the best player on one of the best defenses of all time, and he asked the team to either extend his contract or release him while his value is highest...they chose neither and he goes into free agency as a 30-year-old undersized safety coming off of a broken leg.  Seriously, what's in it for hall of fame level players like Earl Thomas and Le'veon Bell to play out these contracts?  The teams are flat out telling them that they don't value them, so why put up with their nonsense.  Think about it like this, it is illegal to drive without insurance because if something happens the average person can't afford to pay for car repairs out of their own pocket, and the odds of an accident is essentially 100% for everyone who drives over time.  Playing football is far more risky than driving, and these teams are asking them to drive around without insurance.  That's bullshit.

• Like 5

On 9/30/2018 at 6:06 PM, hammerva said:

Lions with the all grey uniforms.  Not a fan ?

I know I'm getting old, but I genuinely had difficulty following it with the Cowboys wearing white too.  They may as well have been wearing camouflage, which at least may have held more contrast with the Cowboys jersey.

Lovely to see Super Bowl Hero James White making an appearance against Miami.

6 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

I know I'm getting old, but I genuinely had difficulty following it with the Cowboys wearing white too.  They may as well have been wearing camouflage, which at least may have held more contrast with the Cowboys jersey.

Lovely to see Super Bowl Hero James White making an appearance.

I used to keep up with all the uniform news, but yesterday there were at least 3 or 4 times that I had no idea who was on my screen.  When did the Titans change their uniforms?  I was watching Red Zone and had no idea who playing the Eagles, when they cut to that game.  Then the Packers were wearing their goofy throwback uniforms, and the Lions were wearing those abysmal all gray uniforms.  I was so confused.

Pat Mahomes has more left-handed completions than interceptions this year, and more wins at Mile High than any Chiefs quarterback not named Len Dawson. 13-16 in the 4th with two touchdown drives... the left-handed conversion... second and 30... perpetually rolling out and smiling the whole time... I mean, it will get worse at some point, and this coming week against Jacksonville, or at New England, or against the Rams in Mexico City all are really viable opportunities for that... but it's pretty fun right now. (And probably for a while. Dude just turned 23 a few weeks ago.)

• Like 2