DVDVR Message Board

Raw Isn't Telling You Anything You Don't Already Know - 9/24/2018

Dolfan in NYC

23 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Can DB teach her the small package?

He could try. I want to see Bryan try to teach Brie Cattle Mutilation. Unless he's saving it to unleash on Miz.

21 minutes ago, Hamhock said:

At this point, Brie would probably head-spike her opponent if she tried a small package.

Seth Rollins can try teaching her God's Last Gift.

That one Moonsault Charlotte did on that compilation, to Nia at ringside looked very close to becoming a DJ Z/ Jesse Sorenson situation. Going in knees bent because you don't want to crack your shins in the railing is a great way to land super nasty, if you're actually landing on them (which she usually doesn't, but did with Nia).

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't think Sasha is any sloppier than anyone else. She's messed up a few dives but she also connects on her dives more often than not.  The Paige thing,  Paige asked her to do the move,   Paige spoke about it..  it was clear that she couldn't take any bumps,  nobody blames Sasha for it.  

Sasha is one of the women the company trusts to carry out new match types like Hell in a Cell and Iron Man and she was the one holding the women's Rumble together..  

I don't understand why they aren't pushing her but that's another story.  

In hindsight Paige's latest injury would've came at some point soon it was hanging on by a thread,

I think the Bellas feel like they have to step it up because I think they fell the Diva stigma by the fanbase, when I reality they have been Championing for what is now the Women's Evolution....I feel sorry for the Bella's U think they are trying too hard to come across as super workers like Cena and Bryan 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, evilwaldo said:

Here is a comp video.  Inside the ring, she is fine.  Outside the ring, you can see everyone is out of place.  Either Charlotte needs to stop or they need to teach everyone how to take a bump.  

As a nitpick, her choice of where to do the moonsault outside the ring leaves a lot to be desired.  In front of the announcers table and with the ring at you back is a bad choice for spacing reasons.  You add unnecessary risk of injury.

OK, I can pretty clearly see Sasha getting in there attempting to save Charlotte's ass on that Skytwister Press. Credit where credit's due.

5 hours ago, Hamhock said:

At this point, Brie would probably head-spike her opponent if she tried a small package.

about time someone accidentally invented a new DDT

fuck it.  the Brie-Brie T.  There, my brainworm is now in yours.

I don't blame any of the women for this. I blame the office for not telling them no. But this is the same company that made an angle out of Kidman nearly killing Chavo with a shooting star press. 

I really am surprised they are still pressuring the women to get implants. Its one thing to do it when they were doing a low risk style. But now they are doing it while expecting them to wrestle a style nearly as tough as what the men do. On top of that, I did not know a ruptured implant was life threatening. I had assumed it was embarrassing, but not something that would poison you. 

I think the world of Brie as a person, watching on the Total shows she seems like a really sweet person.  But I hope she never wrestles again.  I don't think she's the worst wrestler ever but she proved she's a danger to herself with the missed dives and now to other people.  Plus with Bryan back full time she doesn't need it.  I'm hoping after Evolution that's the last we see of her for a long-ass time.  And again this is coming from a guy that really likes her.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

He could try. I want to see Bryan try to teach Brie Cattle Mutilation. Unless he's saving it to unleash on Miz.

If he ever does that in WWE you just know they're gonna give it a really shitty name, like the Cow Cracker or something. They wouldn't even let the announcers use the word "slice" FFS

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

This has no bearing on the present, but

Of course, Jerry Lawler has to get his quip in at the end. I know he just lost his son a few months ago, but fuck Jerry Lawler. 

I never thought Striker was that bad on commentary, but I'm also a Mauro fan. I know they're not everyone's cup of tea.

Graves would put over how damaging Cattle Mutiliation can be.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Of course, Jerry Lawler has to get his quip in at the end. I know he just lost his son a few months ago, but fuck Jerry Lawler. 

I never thought Striker was that bad on commentary, but I'm also a Mauro fan. I know they're not everyone's cup of tea.

Graves would put over how damaging Cattle Mutiliation can be.

I felt like Stryker was trying to get himself over with smarks by name dropping that.

16 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I felt like Stryker was trying to get himself over with smarks by name dropping that.

Perhaps, but I liked the name-drop. Yeah, it does put over that Striker knows his wrestling, and that wrestling exists outside of WWE. It's certainly better than using Vince's "What a manuver!" or something along those lines. For all we know, some kid who never saw anything outside of WWE heard cattle mutilation and was curious enough to google it and came across videos of Bryan Danielson's indy work. If so, that's a win in my book.

44 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It's certainly better than using Vince's "What a manuver!" or something along those lines.

No, no its not. I always enjoyed how Vince delivered that line.

44 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

For all we know, some kid who never saw anything outside of WWE heard cattle mutilation and was curious enough to google it and came across videos of Bryan Danielson's indy work.

Would that move come up, or would images and sites about actual cattle mutilation come up instead?

33 minutes ago, Eivion said:

No, no its not. I always enjoyed how Vince delivered that line.

Would that move come up, or would images and sites about actual cattle mutilation come up instead?

Put in "cattle mutilation wrestling" and it comes up.

After Vince said manuver, I always enjoyed Jesse Ventura saying manuver with the sound of such disdain for Vince in his voice.

• Like 2