DVDVR Message Board

Raw Isn't Telling You Anything You Don't Already Know - 9/24/2018

Dolfan in NYC

8 hours ago, MapRef41N93W said:

I can't believe people are criticizing Brie for those kicks. Think about it. Why shouldn't she aim for the face? It's not against the rules, and Liv wasn't putting her hands up. For some reason we're supposed to just accept it when fighting genius Daniel Bryan throws kick after kick at the chest despite the head being wide open. I'm glad his wife stepped in to show him how it's done. She didn't "botch", she protected the business.

Thanks Mr Watts.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

It looks like all the dumb risky stuff Bryan used to do, Brie is doing it for him. Can't wait till she try's to do a dragon suplex on someone.

So Connor won a match. I mean the crowd was dead, but wow did that kill the crowd. They couldn't believe what they saw. I really hope this is a renewed push for The Ascension and we find out it's cause Vince saw Connor standing around and was like "I LIKE THE WAY THIS GUY LOOKS...DO SOMETHING WITH HIM SMITHERS". 

So, how come we don't see more botches like this in NXT, where there are a ton of green workers? I can only think of the time Eva Marie kicked the holy hell out of Carmella's head.  I think generally speaking, they try to do even more difficult stuff in NXT and tend to pull it off.  Is it good editing? 

Oh Brie. I had your back on the botched dive but this was just terrible. Hope Liv's okay. And I agree that we shouldn't throw Nikki under the bus. Her singles match against Ruby was fine as well as her interactions in these tags. She's been able to slip back into her role easier than Brie has. 

I'd be fine with Ronda "breaking Brie's arm" during her upcoming feud with Nikki, so she can get the fuck off TV and train again on how to NOT kick and/or elbow the other performer in the face.  

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Eivion said:

Yes because clearly Brie totally did that on purpose and legit beating the shit out of another wrestler on tv wouldn't get Ruby fired at all.

I don't think Brie did that on purpose but I'm at the point where I don't think she belongs anywhere near a squared circle. She is the worst active wrestler in the company unless you count Maryse and Lana.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't think Brie did that on purpose but I'm at the point where I don't think she belongs anywhere near a squared circle. She is the worst active wrestler in the company unless you count Maryse and Lana.  

I don't know, I'm pretty sure Lana looked better than Brie her last few televised matches. At the very least Lana didn't hurt her opponent or seemingly come close to hurting herself. Really though that was a response to the ridiculous comment about Brie being lucky Ruby didn't try to kick Brie's ass and ruin her own career over something clearly unintentional.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eivion said:

I never thought about it until your comment on about Charlotte, but 2 actually makes sense. Every big dive she does seem to land on her feet to some degree. Naomi also seems to only try for bigger stuff when she is going against someone like Nia in battle royals and tags.

I did not notice it until a couple of months ago on a Youtube video.  I went back and watched it a few times and realized that Charlotte's partners were off to the side and in no position to catch her which is why she landed on her feet and popped both elbows back.

If you are going to do a flying move, you have to have confidence in your partners to catch you.  That is a basic part of wrestling, trusting your partner.  If you can't trust your partner then why do the move?

That is why I made the 'go to Mexico' comment.  They trust their partners to catch them and take the bump.  You can call up all the flyers from NXT you want but if your partner is not going to take the bump and catch you then why bother?

It is a deep problem with the women's roster.  Outside of Nia, nobody trusts each other to bump and I am sure Brie's move last night did not help the situation.

5 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

So, how come we don't see more botches like this in NXT, where there are a ton of green workers? I can only think of the time Eva Marie kicked the holy hell out of Carmella's head.  I think generally speaking, they try to do even more difficult stuff in NXT and tend to pull it off.  Is it good editing? 

See above.

There just aren't enough bigger girls on the roster to catch Charlotte - who, for the record, is billed around 5'10" 150lbs.. Their current workrate types are tiny (Kairi, etc.), sloppy (Sasha, etc.), or inexperienced (Ronda, etc.). Only people on Smackdown I'd trust catching Charlotte's moonsault would be... Peyton?  Or Asuka, who isn't too tall herself. But I guess Nikki Cross will get the proper call-up soon, and eventually Bianca Belair will be snatching human bodies out of the air with one hand. Still pissed they didn't sign Piper the Viper after the first MYC. Such an obvious talent, and the kind they need more of.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/25/2018 at 12:43 AM, evilwaldo said:

The Bellas were ever good at wrestling?  When?

They were competent. Brie needs to stop going for cheap pops doing Bryan's schtick.

On 9/24/2018 at 11:22 PM, Brysynner said:

So Brie has probably zero confidence as a wrestler any more, doesn't like being away from Birdie

We all miss McDonald Land.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, John E. Dynamite said:

There just aren't enough bigger girls on the roster to catch Charlotte - who, for the record, is billed around 5'10" 150lbs.. Their current workrate types are tiny (Kairi, etc.), sloppy (Sasha, etc.), or inexperienced (Ronda, etc.). Only people on Smackdown I'd trust catching Charlotte's moonsault would be... Peyton?  Or Asuka, who isn't too tall herself. But I guess Nikki Cross will get the proper call-up soon, and eventually Bianca Belair will be snatching human bodies out of the air with one hand. Still pissed they didn't sign Piper the Viper after the first MYC. Such an obvious talent, and the kind they need more of.

Here is a comp video.  Inside the ring, she is fine.  Outside the ring, you can see everyone is out of place.  Either Charlotte needs to stop or they need to teach everyone how to take a bump.  

As a nitpick, her choice of where to do the moonsault outside the ring leaves a lot to be desired.  In front of the announcers table and with the ring at you back is a bad choice for spacing reasons.  You add unnecessary risk of injury.

the title made me remember those great Sean O'Haire promos then I happened to google him and shit..  dude's been dead for 4 years. Wrestling is grim.

I've DVR'd those Brie kicks back a few times and her angles were all out of whack, sure. But damn, Liv is so small that she has to commit and offer the chest. She didn't on at least two of them. Scary stuff. 

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Let's just split the difference and say, "no, they're not."

Anyway...

I will mark the fuck out if they win the titles and bring back the classic belts. As it is I like The Revival and their use of classic finishers. The ultimate payoff would be Dolph Ziggler getting beaten with the spike piledriver.

• Like 3

I don't think Sasha is any sloppier than anyone else. She's messed up a few dives but she also connects on her dives more often than not.  The Paige thing,  Paige asked her to do the move,   Paige spoke about it..  it was clear that she couldn't take any bumps,  nobody blames Sasha for it.  

Sasha is one of the women the company trusts to carry out new match types like Hell in a Cell and Iron Man and she was the one holding the women's Rumble together..  

I don't understand why they aren't pushing her but that's another story.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

With her smaller frame, Brie should be a high flyer. Come to think of it, the women's division doesn't really have any high flyers. Charlotte uses the moonsault, but that's about it. Brie could be the Jack Evans of the women's division. 

Now, we need a catchy tag line for Brie like "Jack Evans from the Heavens".

Brie Bella from Valhalla?

Oh yeah, I forgot about Alexa's Twisted Bliss and Ember Moon's Eclipse, but that's not really important right now.

Right, Using their Husband's/Boyfriend's moves really limited them. Atleast Nikki has stuff to make her own.

• Like 1