DVDVR Message Board

Raw Isn't Telling You Anything You Don't Already Know - 9/24/2018

Dolfan in NYC

21 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I never thought it was a good Idea to be Bryans MMA type maneuvers. Nikka is the better Bella, she works more of a power wrestler and its worked for her.

With her smaller frame, Brie should be a high flyer. Come to think of it, the women's division doesn't really have any high flyers. Charlotte uses the moonsault, but that's about it. Brie could be the Jack Evans of the women's division. 

Now, we need a catchy tag line for Brie like "Jack Evans from the Heavens".

Brie Bella from Valhalla?

Oh yeah, I forgot about Alexa's Twisted Bliss and Ember Moon's Eclipse, but that's not really important right now.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

So Brie has probably zero confidence as a wrestler any more, doesn't like being away from Birdie and is a danger to herself and others in the ring.  Thankfully the Super Show is soon and they can just have Maryse take out Brie which sets up Nikki/Maryse at Evolution and allows Rousey to take out the Riott Squad at Evolution.

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Brie can’t handle a simple dive at the moment and you’re fantasy booking her as Jack Evans? 

Bold move, Edward.

The mental image I have of Brie attempting Jack Evans moves is highly entertaining. Sometimes it's scary inside my head. This is not one of those times.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

With her smaller frame, Brie should be a high flyer. Come to think of it, the women's division doesn't really have any high flyers. Charlotte uses the moonsault, but that's about it. Brie could be the Jack Evans of the women's division. 

Now, we need a catchy tag line for Brie like "Jack Evans from the Heavens".

Brie Bella from Valhalla?

At the rate she's going she'll end up in Valhalla before Halloween

• Haha 7

The Bellas were ever good at wrestling?  When?

Nobody in the Women's Divisions can be a high flyer because:

1.  They are not trained to fly.

2.  The women are not trained to take a bump from someone in the air.

I see Charlotte jump off the top rope and land on her feet because her partners are not going to catch her. 

Forget going back to the PC, they need to go to Mexico for a month and learn how to work.  

Way back, Brie was the better of the two but it wasn't saying much.

Then suddenly Nikki stopped all the bullshit and just started doing really basic hoss striking and did it really well. Then she broke her neck.

Now they both suck again.

• Like 2

I got so caught up with Brie Bella from Valhalla, I forgot about The Revival using the Power-Plex. I wouldn't mind an extended feud with The Revival while Dolph & Drew are also in the Shield feud. Dolph is so unlikeable, he turned The Revival face for the night. That's almost Miz-level douchiness. I'm hoping The Revival end up on Smackdown whenever the next shake up is. Send Harper & Rowan back to Raw for whenever D&D inevitably fail Braun, so we can get Bray/Harper/Braun vs. The Shield, with Rowan waiting in the wings to unbalance the sides once he's healthy.

6 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

Y’all are sleeping on the fact that Triple H all but confirmed something I’ve suspected all along: he sold his soul to the devil to have the life he’s had.

Well yeah, he did marry the devil's daughter. You should have heard some of those jam sessions with Lemmy, too. HHH can shred on the guitar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, evilwaldo said:

The Bellas were ever good at wrestling?  When?

Nobody in the Women's Divisions can be a high flyer because:

1.  They are not trained to fly.

2.  The women are not trained to take a bump from someone in the air.

I see Charlotte jump off the top rope and land on her feet because her partners are not going to catch her. 

Forget going back to the PC, they need to go to Mexico for a month and learn how to work.  

Nikki was decent when she was champ. She actually showed a good amount of promise in her matches with Charlotte before she left due to injuries the first time. When she came back during the brand split it was obvious she was a bit afraid to go full force, but she was still decent enough. She just had the misfortune of working with fresh out of NXT way too early Carmella.

Ember Moon seems to be capable of high flying. So is Naomi. NXT has Io Shirai, Lacey Lane, and Kacy Catanzaro.

I never thought about it until your comment on about Charlotte, but 2 actually makes sense. Every big dive she does seem to land on her feet to some degree. Naomi also seems to only try for bigger stuff when she is going against someone like Nia in battle royals and tags.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Way back, Brie was the better of the two but it wasn't saying much.

Then suddenly Nikki stopped all the bullshit and just started doing really basic hoss striking and did it really well. Then she broke her neck.

Now they both suck again.

Nikki has been fine this return. She seems to steadily be getting back into the groove of things. Brie on the other hand notsomuch.

Yeah, nothing Nikki's done this time around merits a toss under the bus. She's slipped back into the mix more than adequately and she's justified the spot her name value will afford her.

Brie's unfortunately just not there right now and I'm sure they'll find some way to respond to that. 

I'm not sure I agree that it's an indictment on all female flying in WWE , but Charlotte's moonsaults don't inspire confidence in the performers. They're cautious to the point of being a distraction. I like Charlotte's work, but her flips are hot garbage. Most of the time, I have to imagine her elbow gently scraped against her opponent in order to justify any selling whatsoever. And then it's utterly pointless. All that flipping when you could just slide out of the ring and kick them? Why? 

7 hours ago, hammerva said:

Brie really is lucky that Ruby Riott is such a professional and frankly has been potatoed by men twice her size after doing what she did to Liv because in some situations against worst people her teeth would have been all over the mat

This. Credit to Riott for keeping her cool.

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I was expecting "Raw is the first time the Shield has teamed in nearly a year".

7 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Really? This was the first time the Shield had teamed in a year? You'd think they would have made mention of that. 

Even more obscure was the Jason Jordan reference! I think that's the first time he's been mentioned since he's been gone.