DVDVR Message Board

Raw Isn't Telling You Anything You Don't Already Know - 9/24/2018

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Brie might need to walk away.  This is three consecutive weeks now and it was bad enough that she damn near killed herself on a dive a couple times.  Now tonight she kicks Liv Morgan in the face and KO's her.  Less than a minute later she stiffed Ruby Riot.  

Geez. Its one thing to botch your own move, but botching your moves badly enough to injure opponents is awful. Hope she can get past her in-ring issues if she's going to keep wrestling.

On a lighter note, nice to see the AOP get a main-event slot.

Did you guys know tonight was the first time The Shield had teamed together in a year?

I really hope there isn't another Shield break up coming. I like them more together than apart and they cover each other's shortcomings nicely.

I think HHH has someone low on the card, let's say No Way Jose, reading this board and noticed my complaint about Authors of Pain being shortened to AoP, and came to the realization AoP as their name sounds stupid. 

Brie isn't very good at this wrestling thing. I hope her husband is working with her on that. At least the Riott Squad didn't get stiffed and do the job.

Why haven't The Ascension been split up? Konnor is a monster and would probably be in IC/US title mix if he were on his own. Maybe pair him with Luke Harper as a fill-in Bludgeon Brother for Erick Rowan. Konnor can be their Bludgeon cousin. Maybe pair Viktor with Tyler Breeze doing the beauty and the beast gimmick. A guy with a Danzig tattoo shouldn't be left with absolutely nothing to do.

• Haha 3

That women's tag was going well until Brie knocked poor Liv loopy, if not straight up out. I don't think it ever fully fell apart, but it never really improved much either. Did Brie spend much time training for her comeback? Maybe she should spend some time at the PC over the next month or so.

Revival vs. Drew/Ziggler was really good. I loved how much the crowd got into Revival by the end.

It was nice to finally get AoP vs. Shield. I only wish Braun was AoP's partner instead of Corbin.

I do hope this double turn tease leads to Drew murdering Ziggler after a tag titles loss to Shield or AoP.

• Like 1

I can't believe people are criticizing Brie for those kicks. Think about it. Why shouldn't she aim for the face? It's not against the rules, and Liv wasn't putting her hands up. For some reason we're supposed to just accept it when fighting genius Daniel Bryan throws kick after kick at the chest despite the head being wide open. I'm glad his wife stepped in to show him how it's done. She didn't "botch", she protected the business.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Brie really is lucky that Ruby Riott is such a professional and frankly has been potatoed by men twice her size after doing what she did to Liv because in some situations against worst people her teeth would have been all over the mat

Yes because clearly Brie totally did that on purpose and legit beating the shit out of another wrestler on tv wouldn't get Ruby fired at all.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MapRef41N93W said:

I can't believe people are criticizing Brie for those kicks. Think about it. Why shouldn't she aim for the face? It's not against the rules, and Liv wasn't putting her hands up. For some reason we're supposed to just accept it when fighting genius Daniel Bryan throws kick after kick at the chest despite the head being wide open. I'm glad his wife stepped in to show him how it's done. She didn't "botch", she protected the business.

Counterpoint: She might have undone all that good work by getting backed into the heel corner by a Liv Morgan whose legs were dragging behind her.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MapRef41N93W said:

The part you're missing is that you're supposed to make it look like you injure your opponent, not actually injure them.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think HHH has someone low on the card, let's say No Way Jose, reading this board and noticed my complaint about Authors of Pain being shortened to AoP, and came to the realization AoP as their name sounds stupid. 

Did something change there? As far as I could tell, it was even more emphasized then before and sounds more stupid each time.

4 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Did something change there? As far as I could tell, it was even more emphasized then before and sounds more stupid each time.

Michael Cole said Authors of Pain about five times during the match. I figured once was just a slip up. After that, I figured he wouldn't be saying it if wasn't approved by the crazy old man.

• Like 4