DVDVR Message Board

Who is a better candidate for the WON Hall of Fame?

Who is a better candidate for the WON Hall of Fame?   

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who is a better candidate for the WON Hall of Fame?

• Mistico original
    • Junkyard Dog
    • I don't know
  2. 2. Who is a better candidate for the WON Hall of Fame?

• Jun Akiyama
    • The Ultimate Warrior
    • I don't know
  3. 3. Who is a better candidate for the WON Hall of Fame?

• Daniel Bryan
    • Goldberg
    • I don't know
  4. 4. Who is a better candidate for the WON Hall of Fame?

• Kerry Von Erich
    • CM Punk
    • I don't know
  5. 5. Who is a better candidate for the WON Hall of Fame?

• Randy Orton
    • Akira Taue
    • I don't know
  6. 6. Who is a better candidate for the WON Hall of Fame?

• Cien Caras
    • AJ Styles
    • I don't know

This poll is closed to new votes

Hi. We have just entered in the WON HOF season, so I decided to open this poll where I compared some wrestlers. You can choose who is the better candidate for the WON HOF. 

I also added some wrestlers who are already inducted into the WON HOF.

First of all, how would you weigh the criteria? For example, who is a better candidate, objectively (although objectivety doesn't exist)? A huge draw for a short period, like Goldberg and Ultimate Warrior, or a poor draw, but great worker for a long time, like AJ Styles, Daniel Bryan, Jun Akiyama, Akira Taue? For example, the historian Matt Farmer said that workrate has been overrated today, in the sense that it's a subjective criteria, and also that a lot of great workers of the 60s and 70s are not considered for the HOF (60s and 70s hall of famers are in particular great draw).  Is it right that a great worker, like Bryan and Styles (both DB and AJ are stars but they are probably also not as big stars and they are way less known by people and casual fans than Orton Big Show, Kane, Batista, wrestlers that got few votes, in fact for example Batista, Kane and Show fell of the ballot) is inducted into the HOF before a huge draw and a mainstream name like Warrior, Golbderg and even Big Daddy.  Does a great worker deserve the HOF only because of work, or does he need to be an influential name?

As you know, The criteria for the Hall of Fame is a combination of drawing power, being a great in-ring performer or excelling in ones field in pro wrestling, as well as having historical significance in a positive manner. A candidate should either have something to offer in all three categories, or be someone so outstanding in one or two of those categories that they deserve inclusion. Longevity should be a prime consideration rather than a hot two or three year run, unless someone is so significant as a trend-setter or a historical figure in the business, or valuable to the industry, that they need to be included. However, just longevity without being either a long-term main eventer, a top draw and/or a top caliber in-ring performer should be seen as relatively meaningless.

The comparisons are:

Mistico original vs Junkyard Dog

Jun Akiyama vs The Ultimate Warrior

Daniel Bryan vs Goldberg

Kerry Von Erich vs CM Punk

Randy Orton vs Akira Taue

Cien Caras vs AJ Styles

Thank you very much

• RIPPA locked this topic