DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2013: PLAYOFFS

Dolfan in NYC

Yeah right, you have no chance against the Dodgers. Their pitching and hitting is sick. You beat a team with frozen bats. That's not happening again.

You are just the worst.

Yeah right, you have no chance against the Dodgers. Their pitching and hitting is sick. You beat a team with frozen bats. That's not happening again.

Just. The. Fucking. Worst.

LOL

It can obviously go either way but the Tigers rotation sets up perfectly for them to win 2 of 3.  They have the best rotation in all of baseball and have their top 3 guys going in 5, 6 & 7 - and all of them are pitching well right now.

Amazing stat from last night: in their last 8 LCS games, Detroit Tigers starters have thrown at least 5 shutout innings to start every game.

So far this ALCS, Tigers starters are: 2-2, 1.00 ERA, 27 IP, 14 H, 10 BB, 42 K (14K per 9 IP)

Not bad.  Just need the hitting to keep up and for Prince Fielder to make contact once in awhile.

Oh the sox have four leaf clovers up their ass no doubt. . .

Well, one of the pitchers had to blink sometime in this series, I guess...

I mean, what the four starters did in the first four games was absurd (and the fact that they only split those games is mind-boggling.)

Cabrera was playing inside, is generally somewhat immobile, and is playing on some sort of groin injury, possibly a sports hernia.  And Pena would have had him by about 4 inches if the ump wasn't there, dammit!

The only thing I have left right now is muttering a mantra beneath my breath.

"Scherzer and Verlander.  Scherzer and Verlander.  Scherzer and Verlander."

"Prior and Wood. Prior and Wood. Prior and Wood."

Let's go anyone but the Cardinals!

Which team are you rooting for to win the World Series?   18%   Cardinals   29%   Dodgers   28%   Red Sox   25%   Tigers(Total votes: 13,635)

The only thing I have left right now is muttering a mantra beneath my breath.

"Scherzer and Verlander.  Scherzer and Verlander.  Scherzer and Verlander."

Yeah, I think this has Boston scoring big in one of the games and coasting to the WS; It might be St louis though that does it :(

The only thing I have left right now is muttering a mantra beneath my breath. "Scherzer and Verlander.  Scherzer and Verlander.  Scherzer and Verlander."

Spahn and Sain and pray for rain.

Which team are you rooting for to win the World Series?   18%   Cardinals   29%   Dodgers   28%   Red Sox   25%   Tigers(Total votes: 13,635)

Note: I'm kind of thrilled at how little I had to change in the following:

Son, we live in a world that has base paths, and those base paths have to be guarded by men with unwritten rulebooks. You weep for Pittsburgh, and you curse the Cardinals. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the murder of Hanley Ramirez, while tragic, probably saved Baseball.You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want the Cardinals on that diamond, you need them on that Diamond. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very tradition that the Cardinals provide, and then questions the manner in which they provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a fungo bat, and start playing pepper in speeded-up black and white footage from the 1930s. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Note: I'm kind of thrilled at how little I had to change in the following:

Son, we live in a world that has base paths, and those base paths have to be guarded by men with unwritten rulebooks. You weep for Pittsburgh, and you curse the Cardinals. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the murder of Hanley Ramirez, while tragic, probably saved Baseball.You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want the Cardinals on that diamond, you need them on that Diamond. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very tradition that the Cardinals provide, and then questions the manner in which they provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a fungo bat, and start playing pepper in speeded-up black and white footage from the 1930s. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

You know, I'm rooting against the cards, but still *****

The only thing I have left right now is muttering a mantra beneath my breath. "Scherzer and Verlander.  Scherzer and Verlander.  Scherzer and Verlander."

Spahn and Sain and pray for rain.

Only problem is, as good as he is, Verlander still isn't spahn, and he's pitching second. . .