DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2013: PLAYOFFS

Dolfan in NYC

Red Sox fan who is gonna be in Comerica tonight what should I know about the place. IE How long is it gonna take to get out of there, how much are they gonna overcharge me for food/drinks, how asshole-ish are most Tiger fans when in large groups, etc?

Red Sox fan who is gonna be in Comerica tonight what should I know about the place. IE How long is it gonna take to get out of there, how much are they gonna overcharge me for food/drinks, how asshole-ish are most Tiger fans when in large groups, etc?

I wouldn't wear any Sox stuff; no specific knowledge just in the playoffs people can be bitter when their team loses :)

Man, a Cardinals player would NEVER initiate a vicious takeout slide during the playoffs, would they?

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=25415817&c_id=mlb&topic_id=vtp_must_c

Oh.

Yep.  Thought it was a dirty play at the time.  Still do.  I don't mind vicious takeout slides - they're part of the game.  But when your slide basically starts AT the bag and you go all the way across it?  Yeah, that's a dirty play.

It can obviously go either way but the Tigers rotation sets up perfectly for them to win 2 of 3.  They have the best rotation in all of baseball and have their top 3 guys going in 5, 6 & 7 - and all of them are pitching well right now.

Amazing stat from last night: in their last 8 LCS games, Detroit Tigers starters have thrown at least 5 shutout innings to start every game.

So far this ALCS, Tigers starters are: 2-2, 1.00 ERA, 27 IP, 14 H, 10 BB, 42 K (14K per 9 IP)

Not bad.  Just need the hitting to keep up and for Prince Fielder to make contact once in awhile.