DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2013: PLAYOFFS

Dolfan in NYC

Pirates hitters have been streaky all year. What an awful time for the table setters to go ice cold.

Edit: and Melancon serves up a gofer ball to Jethro to complete his end of season meltdown. Oh well, thank you Bucs for finally ending The Streak.

Since musicals were the theme of the Pirates' playoff run, I think this best sums up what everybody who was pulling for them feels right about now (start video at 1:42):

Is it a coincidence Dr. Horrible is wearing Cardinal red? I think not.

Posted Image

Dammit, Buttermaker, I hate to go all serious Vic Morrow here, but this was such a great running series all year.  From that near 5-game sweep for the Pirates, to the race for 1st, to Pitt. vs. Cincy duel to the death (resulting finally in the demise of Dusty Baker....until he returns).  And then a great 5-game series.  It really is awesome to see these all of these real rivalries coming out of the NL Central leading to baseball games this tight and moments this big. 

We’ve got one more piece we need to put this division back in the glory it ought to be…we’re looking at you, Cubbies. 

Join in this yearly clusterfuck!

Two Four Six Eight

Who do we appreciate?

Posted Image

Pirates

Pirates

Posted Image

YAYYYYYYYY, Pirates!!!!!

Hmmmmm.  You're right.  I should at least consider going with a plucky underdog gimmick here....or the beleaguered, besieged old Guardians (with a few untrained, barely housebroken pups) called on for one last defense of the Kingdom against a gang of stronger, youthful, soulless Corporate monsters.

standby....I need to find a gif of Gene Hackman beating up Chris Pine.

I'm glad that I don't follow a team where the whole fanbase pretty much concedes their upcoming playoff series before even playing any actual games.  Everyone said the Cardinals woulld get swept out of the NLDS in 2006, but that didn't quite end the way everyone expected it to happen, same goes for 2011 when they also won the WS and got to the NLCS last year.

If the Cardinals are taking over the throne of the most hated team in baseball from the Yankees then I can live with that.  Be the lovable loser fanbase or the hated franchise that has accomplished just as much as any other franchise this century and not be liked in the process, I think I'll go with option B every single time.

Goddamitt, you're right! 

I can't believe I let them get in my head like that.  Tricky bastards.

These are The Guardians (of all that is good and right about Baseball) we're talking about!  History, The system, The very heart and soul of the Game itself are all on their side. 

Posted Image

NOTHING CAN STOP US!!!!!!

If only the Baseball Bunch wizard didn't look so suspiciously like Tommy Lasorda...that's worrying.

Also, that the Gene Hackman story is pretty tempting. 

I need to do some soul searching.

I can't believe I'm cheering on Yankees West Version 1A, I guess the Angels are 1B.

Also, this:

Why Your Cardinals Suck

In short, they're the Cardinals.

My God, that was beautiful.  It had me at "Your Cardinals."  'Cause They really are, aren't they?  They're All of OUR Cardinals!

I can only counter with the following image of Cardinals fans:

Posted Image

Now, this is what I see in my own mind, and I'm sure the reality matches up pretty closely.

Yeah right, you have no chance against the Dodgers. Their pitching and hitting is sick. You beat a team with frozen bats. That's not happening again.

Yeah right, you have no chance against the Dodgers. Their pitching and hitting is sick. You beat a team with frozen bats. That's not happening again.

You poor stupid fool.
  • Like 1