DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2013: PLAYOFFS

Dolfan in NYC

Brian Wilson threw a scoreless inning despite putting two runners on.

Juan Uribe crushed a hanging slider for a two run homer that brought in the ultimately winning run.

It was like I was watching a DVR of 2010 but with the color all fucked up

At some point they really need to just stop letting Atlanta into the playoffs, this must be the 15th time I've watched them walk sadly off the field. Give someone else a chance to do that.

I know I have no memory of any other expression on Fredi Gonzalez' other face than that last-out-of-the-year death stare.

I'm gonna rely on Joe here since he will (I am assuming have watched it or know what I am talking about) but - I am listen to Brian Kenny interview this morning and was telling a story that the first question to Fredi last night was

"Obviously - you can't bring in Kimbrel for two innings..."

Really Atlanta Media????

That's Dave O'Brien, the hackiest of hacks who wrote a story after Fredi got hired about going cross country with him on their Harleys. Seriously.

Fredi saying they were prepared to use Kimbrel for four outs but not six shows how little awareness his has. Dude cannot adapt to game situations at all. Once something goes pear-shaped, he just stares blankly until the inning ends.

That's Dave O'Brien, the hackiest of hacks who wrote a story after Fredi got hired about going cross country with him on their Harleys. Seriously.

Fredi saying they were prepared to use Kimbrel for four outs but not six shows how little awareness his has. Dude cannot adapt to game situations at all. Once something goes pear-shaped, he just stares blankly until the inning ends.

Which is funny, because he's as pear-shaped a motherfucker who has ever lived...

Yeah, I'm sure Kimbrel has never pitched two full innings at any time in his lifetime.  Congrats Atlanta, you got beat with your best guy sitting on the pine.  Mariano would have been in there.

So you neglect to start Scherzer on short rest, but decide to bring him in as a reliever anyway? So, now you've wasted a starter and put your best pitcher in a position he is not familiar with. Oh, he just gave the lead to the A's....

I do think the Tigers home whites are the best jerseys in baseball, so at least they got that going for them.

I find it strange how I enjoy Buck Martinez when he does play by play for the Jays, but absolutely hate him when he does colour.

Because he forgets he's doing colour.

Power outage means I didn't get to see the first 6 innings, but hell if the last inning and a half haven't entertained me.

Detroit vs. St. Louis

Boston vs. ST. LOUIS!!!!

What could be better for Tim McCarver's final year than either of these classic...TRADITIONAL matchups.

Oh, imagine the stories he'll tell.  The anecdotes about the golden age of yore!  I'm blissed out at the thought of it all.

Gather round children,

Posted Image

Uncle Timmy is telling his stories!!!!!

• Like 2