DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - AUTUMN 2018

Dolfan in NYC

Alavés just beat Real Madrid 1-0 with an extra time game winning header from Manu García after a mistake from Courtois. I completely lost it when that happened. I am just happy signing the snake Courtois and Lopetegui from Spain 48 hours before they debuted in the World Cup is blowing up in Florentino's face.

Trent Alexander Arnold played Magnus Carlsen at Chess. He lost in seventeen moves. Which is eight moves more than Bill Gates lasted.

Carlsen has been world Chess Champion for the last 8 years btw.

• Like 1

Griezmann texted Simeone after he won the World Cup: "Look at how pretty it is. I only win it because of you. I dedicate this to you."

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Pop for "The Jamaican Juggernaut!" in peak Aussie accent.

Imagine defending for a second division Australian side and USAIN MOTHERFUCKING BOLT is running at you with the ball.

• Haha 1

Not to derail this thread too, but I wonder if there will be any reaction to the Brazil vs Argentina friendly being played in Saudi Arabia this week. 

Tim Vickery was on the radio last week and when asked about it, basically said they have bigger worries in Brazil right now than things happening around the world. 

Argentina canceled that friendly in Israel a few months ago due to political issues, so I wonder if anything will happen this week.