DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - AUTUMN 2018

Dolfan in NYC

And how does a Mane represent 7 hills?

I find it odd, the way how they're trying to replicate bits on the European traditions and not others. I'm pretty sure the reason the Crew stayed in Columbus was because they knew Cincy was starting and they wanted an Ohio derby (like how they only promoted Orlando after Beckham chose Miami). But American sporting rivalries aren't necessarily based on Geographical proximity, are they? Giants fans hate the Cowboys, Eagles, Washingtons and Patriots, not the Jets.

9 hours ago, AxB said:

But American sporting rivalries aren't necessarily based on Geographical proximity, are they? Giants fans hate the Cowboys, Eagles, Washingtons and Patriots, not the Jets.

It depends on how you see these theoretically geographical divisions. In your example, the Cowboys, Eagles and Washingtonians are all in the NFC East, and the four (with the Giants) have shared a division since 1970.

The Patriots don't count because everyone hates the Patriots.

• Haha 1

Just spent $55 for my ticket for the potential MLS Cup at RBA. I pray to God I never see that $55 ever again. If we get there and win it I am probably just going to break down and be a total sobbing mess hugging everyone in sight. 

33 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Just spent $55 for my ticket for the potential MLS Cup at RBA. I pray to God I never see that $55 ever again. If we get there and win it I am probably just going to break down and be a total sobbing mess hugging everyone in sight. 

I'm hoping to be attending MLS Cup in Mercedes Benz Stadium. 

Dear UEFA,

We'd just like to take this opportunity to say we've changed our minds and now think the Nations Cup was actually a brilliant idea. Thanks very much.

Yours Sincerely,

The Entire Population of England.

• Haha 1

Football Leaks reporting Ramos failed a drug test for the 2017 CL finals against Juve and a league game against Malága, but his doctor justified his usage and the case was closed by UEFA.

Football Leaks is also reporting 2 UEFA reprensentatives arrived at a Real Madrid training to do testing and they encountered 10 players they lined up to test, but the Madrid players created a hostile atmosphere, hostility mainly led by Cristiano who still completed the drug test along with Toni Kroos before representatives of the club rushed out the remaining 8 players as the club felt the representatives weren't qualified enough to do testing on top players...

Also, the club responded to the Sergio Ramos drug test failure:

In their second point they pretty much confirm the rumor, thus giving Football Leaks validity. Crazy.

Madrid signed Solari full time as Lopetegui's replacement and the Spanish media praised him for the solid start and today they lost 3-0 to Eibar, the smallest club in LaLiga.

Also, Courtois struggled and the fans continue turning on him.

This is crazy. To add to @odessasteps post:

That entire thread is worth reading.

A mother strapped flares on a child to get them in the stadium... Argentine fans are the absolute worse. They always screw everything up. Don't get me started.

They deserve the low quality corrupt football with clubs not able to pay the players and disastrous pitches and stadiums they are getting.

Embarrassing.

31 minutes ago, DangerMark said:

I can't wait to see what Mad Max shit they have to do to get Boca in safely tonight.

As a neutral, I was elated when River Plate were relegated a few years back.

Boca should have pulled a Jim Irsay and moved their team into Estadio Monumental in the middle of the night to avoid the bullshit from yesterday. Although I won't be surprised if River Plate fans pull an even stupider stunt today.