DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - AUTUMN 2018

Dolfan in NYC

On 10/20/2018 at 9:41 AM, The Natural said:

Maybe could do with an updated post listing posters and the football club they support. 

Me: Bradford City. 

Liam: Fulham. 

Pete: Manchester United...I mean City ;).

Chester_Copperpot: Liverpool.

Bournemouth, insomuch as I follow soccer.

I mean, I don't follow it that closely, but I started to follow them when they got promoted to the EPL a couple of years back.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Edwin said:

5-1 el Clásico. Luis Suárez hat trick.

Lopetegui is a sure thing to get sacked today.

Julen Lopetegui was going to lead his nation into a World Cup.  Lopetegui was fired on the eve of it when Spain found out he'd signed to be Real Madrid manager. Now he's about to get sacked by them too. Two high profile sackings back to back.

7 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Julen Lopetegui was going to lead his nation into a World Cup.  Lopetegui was fired when Spain found out he'd signed to be Real Madrid manager. Now he's about to get sacked by them too.

Yeah, I was actually in Seville when that entire fiasco went down and in Barcelona for the WC opener.

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Thibaut Courtois having a shitter as well and it serves him right with the way he went about getting his transfer to Real Madrid. Fuckin' giraffe.

Same. The dude is a giant turd. His loan from Chelsea with us (us, i.e.; Atlético de Madrid) was what made him and yet he turned his back years later and signed with the city rivals.

Horrible news. It seems he was universally beloved by the entire fanbase, which is a great feat in itself.

Just curious: why did it take literally 24 hours to confirm his passing? Was he still alive somehow? They need to notify next of kin?

Probably next of kin, or failure to positively identify the deceased right away (it was a big explosion, that burned for a while before being extinguished). It looks like all of his family was back in Thailand at the time.

• Thanks 1

Tragic. Leicester City winning the Premier League was one of the most remarkable sporting achievements, can't see it ever happening again. Chairman was loved at the club and what he did in the community with million pound donations towards hospitals. Very sad. Thoughts with the family and friends of the five lives lost.

5 hours ago, Pete said:

Horrible news. It seems he was universally beloved by the entire fanbase, which is a great feat in itself.

Just curious: why did it take literally 24 hours to confirm his passing? Was he still alive somehow? They need to notify next of kin?

Probably trying to ID the other 4 people that died, including a woman pilot. 

3 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

You're welcome 

THANK YOU!!! I actually ended up talking to one of the heads of the Red Patch Boys when you guys visited RBA a month or so ago and he was talking how much they were dreading the thought of handing over the shield to Altanta (thanks WCW!) at BMO so I had a feeling you guys would be motivated.

8 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Man City in orange and purple makes it feel like I'm watching Clemson 's futbol team 

Meanwhile, the state of the Wembley pitch reminds me of every high school soccer match ever. And not in a good way.