DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - AUTUMN 2018

Dolfan in NYC

Sergio Ramos continues his defensive decline and De Gea continues to prove he's not the world class GK people make him out to be as he continues his decline with the national team.

Maybe time for Lucho to test out some different CB's and a different GK.

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Maybe could do with an updated post listing posters and the football club they support. 

Me: Bradford City. 

Liam: Fulham. 

Pete: Manchester United...I mean City ;).

Chester_Copperpot: Liverpool.

Me: Atlético de Madrid

@sabremikeNYCFC and Atlanta United

Edit: Jan Oblak is the best goalkeeper in the world and it's not even close. What a performance he just put on against Villarreal.

It's so strange watching Liverpool flip the script completely going from a high octane attacking side who can't not bleed goals to a defensively responsible team (little lucky too) that is either wasteful or lacking in creating chances due to sloppy passing in the final third. Lots of time to figure things out offensively though, so I'm thrilled with 23 points and being level with City. And Keita n Fabinho are yet to settle, so I'm psyched to see a midfield of those two and one of Milner or Gini. 

Also love Jose flipping out at the end of the Chelsea match. 

• Like 2

And ter Stegen just put on a performance to solidify him as the second best goalkeeper in the world.

Great games from Spain today.

5 hours ago, Oyaji said:

It's so strange watching Liverpool flip the script completely going from a high octane attacking side who can't not bleed goals to a defensively responsible team (little lucky too) that is either wasteful or lacking in creating chances due to sloppy passing in the final third. Lots of time to figure things out offensively though, so I'm thrilled with 23 points and being level with City. And Keita n Fabinho are yet to settle, so I'm psyched to see a midfield of those two and one of Milner or Gini. 

Also love Jose flipping out at the end of the Chelsea match. 

A lot of ugly wins from Liverpool this season; I couldn't be happier.

Viktoria Plzen and a Messi less Clásico may save Lopetegui's job for another week.

There's talks Florentino had a meeting with Lopetegui after the loss to Levante today where Lopetegui asked Florentino for a chance as he believed he could turn things around.

There's also talks of Conte taking over the job if Lopetegui gets sacked.

10 hours ago, The Natural said:

Maybe could do with an updated post listing posters and the football club they support. 

Me: Bradford City. 

Liam: Fulham. 

Pete: Manchester United...I mean City ;).

Chester_Copperpot: Liverpool.

East Fife for me, we've inexplicably won 8 games in a row and are sitting in third, just behind the hated Raith Rovers.

It won't last.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Edwin said:

Viktoria Plzen and a Messi less Clásico may save Lopetegui's job for another week.

There's talks Florentino had a meeting with Lopetegui after the loss to Levante today where Lopetegui asked Florentino for a chance as he believed he could turn things around.

There's also talks of Conte taking over the job if Lopetegui gets sacked.

Conte would be a damn good hire. But I think the problem with Madrid is their backfield and midfield are getting older. The younger players that should be entering their prime and stepping up just flat out aren't. 

If I was Conte I'd be very cautious.

There should be some rare drama over who takes the Supporters Shield this weekend in the final week of MLS. Atlanta leads by a point and really would benefit I believe from any result other than an NY Red Bulls win this weekend.

On 10/21/2018 at 4:10 PM, Wyld Samurai said:

Conte would be a damn good hire. But I think the problem with Madrid is their backfield and midfield are getting older. The younger players that should be entering their prime and stepping up just flat out aren't. 

If I was Conte I'd be very cautious.

Agreed on all accounts. The biggest benefit is Florentino has no problem spalshing mega cash on rebuilding and signing every big name available.

If I was Conte, I'd take the offer, but tell Florentino Benzema and Bale have got to go and try to make some big signing like Icardi and Hazard.

Don't get me wrong, Bale is great, but he's always an injury away from being out for weeks so he's not someone you want to build your squad around and you can get a huge money offer from Man United for him.

On 10/24/2018 at 5:26 AM, The Natural said:

Well done, @Sky Blue Sam

Fucking Edin Rahic destroying how Parkinson, McCall and Lawn rebuilt the club. Under them we were on the up again after the down times.

Thanks man, feels odd supporting Cov at the moment. Just won 4 games on the bounce, on the verge of winning 5 in a row for the first time since the Dublin/Huckerby era, yet I'm still not convinced we're actually that good. Maybe years of being awful have me overly cautious.

Sad to see what's happened to Bradford, you were one of the real forces in the league for the past few years. I remember watching Kyel Reid on the wing for you guys basically tearing our defense apart on a cold Tuesday night... Only for us to sign him and he be useless.

• Like 2

Carrusel Deportivo is reporting that's the helicopter Leicester City's owner flies to games in.

They said they spoke with Iborra and the club is monitoring the situation.

Scary stuff.