DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] OCT 17, 2018 TV (Spoilers - Taped 9/20)

RIPPA

Spoiler

Week 4

- NXT Tag Team Championship: War Raiders def. Undisputed Era (c)  by DQ after Bobby Fish comes in and attacks the War Raiders with a chair. 

- Shayna Baszler def. Britt Baker via Ref Stoppage

- Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch def. Tian Bing and Rocky

- Nikki Cross vs. Bianca Belair doesn't have a finish. During the match, the lights go out and Aleister Black's music plays. When the lights are on, Black is in the ring, Belair is gone, and Nikki Cross is rolling around in the ring, acting crazy. Black gets her to stop and gestures her over. He says "Tell me" to her. She says something in his ear and leaves. Aleister is furious and storms out of the ring. 

The next taping day is this day (10/17) also

On 9/28/2018 at 9:17 PM, paintedbynumbers said:

she is a snob in person.  One of the only people who never had to set up the ring, help with raffle tickets, or sell merch. She will trash talk one company and then work there the next month trashing the other company.  She knows how to play the game though I'l give her that

That's unfortunate. I liked her nod to Cole, using his ROH theme at ALL IN. From what I've seen of her in-ring work, it hasn't been anything overly impressive. She's only been wrestling for about three years, so hopefully her ring work and attitude improve with experience.

10 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That's unfortunate. I liked her nod to Cole, using his ROH theme at ALL IN. From what I've seen of her in-ring work, it's hasn't been anything overly impressive. She's only been wrestling for about three years, so hopefully her ring work and attitude improve with experience.

I was at her first match and most of her following matches. She got in by doing Chair Shot Reality on wrestlezone. rumoured to have done things w Lebar to get into training.  The promotion she mainly works for created a women's belt which she won and hasn't defended in close to 6 months. Funny though since she works AIW and other places whenever she feels like it.  She also uses a ton of Cole's spots to get cheap pops.   She is horrible on the mic and has very subpar skills.  If you mash Bayley with the Bella's you get Brit Baker. I will very rarely if ever speak ill of any worker but Brit Baker is overrated.  ROH knows all about her, she begged on twitter publicly to be booked for the WOH tournament and they refused.  She tweeted about the women's only WWE ppv which supposedly pissed off Stephanie.  I was shocked NXT booked her but not shocked about the injury. Funny enough she posted a pic with Cole at the beach right after the injury too. 

4 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I was at her first match and most of her following matches. She got in by doing Chair Shot Reality on wrestlezone. rumoured to have done things w Lebar to get into training.  The promotion she mainly works for created a women's belt which she won and hasn't defended in close to 6 months. Funny though since she works AIW and other places whenever she feels like it.  She also uses a ton of Cole's spots to get cheap pops.   She is horrible on the mic and has very subpar skills.  If you mash Bayley with the Bella's you get Brit Baker. I will very rarely if ever speak ill of any worker but Brit Baker is overrated.  ROH knows all about her, she begged on twitter publicly to be booked for the WOH tournament and they refused.  She tweeted about the women's only WWE ppv which supposedly pissed off Stephanie.  I was shocked NXT booked her but not shocked about the injury. Funny enough she posted a pic with Cole at the beach right after the injury too. 

Come on, man. Be better than this.

• Like 4

actually I've worked shows so i don't need autographs. Look at my previous posts,  I have no ill will towards ANY other workers.  But regardless we shall see what her future holds. Everyone has opinions and we don't have to agree. I told what I saw and what I heard from many reliable sources. I have nothing to gain from posting what I did.

You perpetuating rumors that she slept her way into her position isn't the same thing as sharing your opinion.

Your grudge against her for...not defending her title often enough? Or something? Is weird and I'm not going to act like it isn't weird. Were you on Brock's case for that? Pete Dunne's? Do you have some axe to grind against Candice for piggybacking on Johnny's popularity in NXT? You going off like that is weird and I'm not going to treat it like it's not weird. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

You perpetuating rumors that she slept her way into her position isn't the same thing as sharing your opinion.

Your grudge against her for...not defending her title often enough? Or something? Is weird and I'm not going to act like it isn't weird. Were you on Brock's case for that? Pete Dunne's? Do you have some axe to grind against Candice for piggybacking on Johnny's popularity in NXT? You going off like that is weird and I'm not going to treat it like it's not weird. 

did you read my whole comment? It's not just that she doesn't show up, she never helped set up rings, she never sold merch, sold tickets like all the other trainees have. Elias did it, DJ Z did it, Corey Graves did it. She is the one exception. You aren't from the area or you would have heard for more than what I've posted.  Brock doesn't go to UFC and trash WWE and vice versa.  Brit openly trashes AIW, IWC, and multiple other promotions. I have seen this myself and am positive others would step up and back me on it.  Does Candice do multiple Gargano spots every match? No she doesn't. Candice was good and made a name for herself before she was with Johnny. Brit can't say the same.   But if you would like to continuing be Brit's White knight please continue.  

• 3 weeks later...

That Alistair/Nikki ending was actually pretty cool, but the Nikki/Bianca match was AWESOME. Nikki lets Bianca hit her hard as hell takes really cool bumps, and I really enjoy that while Nikki is a feral beast she's also a much more well-trained technical wrestler than Bianca and willing to take advantage with the odd head scissors and roll-up. Meanwhile, Bianca's strength and athleticism spots (that dropkick!) look great and, even with the non-finish (or maybe to make up for it), they get a ton of time and use it all well. That was one of my fav NXT TV matches of the year for sure.

• Like 1

War Raiders vs. UE was good stuff and the best the War Raiders have looked since coming in. I dug Fish's interference at the end, especially after the Raiders had already taken out an interfering Cole.

Always up for Shayna being cruel. That was a nice shining wizard at the end.

Nikki/Bianca was fun stuff once again. The Alistair appearance at the end was a fun way to end it. Nikki is so great with all so her facial expressions.

Nikki/BelAir was a ton of fun. Nikki just being this indestructible ball of crazy and enduring everything the uberathlete alphafemale could throw at her was fantastic. The ending with Black was cool but would have been a lot better if the fans could just shut the hell up and let something play out.

War Raiders/UE was really well put together and they continue the build to War Games pretty perfectly.

Always enjoy Lorcan/Burch wreck shop. Bing and Rocky sounds like the name of a kids show.

I watched NXT after the May Young Classic so the Britt Baker(the less said about the earlier discussion the better) segment was awkward after seeing poor Tegan Nox trying to work on a totally obliterated knee.

• 4 weeks later...