DVDVR Message Board

MLB OFFSEASON - P&C report 2/13/19

RIPPA

8 hours ago, piranesi said:

You're paying for all that World Series big start experience he brings to the table. Just think about how much an intangible like that is worth!??!!?

Oh dude, all that world series experience that made him actively afraid to play against the Dodgers in LA to the point he wanted to retire. 

He should have just retired. 

You know... Theo, and Jed too I guess, are amazing at building a farm system and developing talent, but sure is really, really shitty when it comes to signing big contract players. He just seems snakebit when it comes to that. He's only doing his best and he's surrounded by tons of information on each player, but it feels like between Boston and Chicago, he misses more than he hits. 

On 12/21/2018 at 7:21 PM, piranesi said:

GUYS HOMER BAILEY HAS BEEN TRADED!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!

On 12/21/2018 at 7:24 PM, Tabe said:

It's not every day you can go out and get a guy who went 1-14 the previous season.

The Dodgers released Bailey.

Yusei Kikuchi is signing with Seattle so clearly his desire to stay as close to Japan as possible was more important than pesky things like wining.

Oh and I guess insert your DiPoto trades him jokes here

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not a bad move if he stays healthy. The people already screaming that this means Machado isn't signing with the Yankees are out of their minds. 

Of course they are because they are Yankees fans

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Just because they urinate on each other during games and eat their young is no reason to say that they are out of their minds. They are just sorta different, yeah, that's it!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Admittedly, the Yankees have a lot of fans that are "react first, think later". I think most franchises with a large fanbases are like that. They don't represent me. 

11 hours ago, OSJ said:

Just because they urinate on each other during games and eat their young is no reason to say that they are out of their minds. They are just sorta different, yeah, that's it!

We only urinate on fans and eat the young of opposing teams fans. Seattle fans are little too fishy for my liking. Braves fans...like a slice a heaven. Some heat, but not too overwhelming. The coleslaw and BBQ sauce put it over the top.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Admittedly, the Yankees have a lot of fans that are "react first, think later". I think most franchises with a large fanbases are like that. They don't represent me. 

We only urinate on fans and eat the young of opposing teams fans. Seattle fans are little too fishy for my liking. Braves fans...like a slice a heaven. Some heat, but not too overwhelming. The coleslaw and BBQ sauce put it over the top.

The best thing about moving to New Mexico from Seattle is that I no longer have to pretend that I give a fuck about the Mariners.

I am that nice slice a heaven that you are looking for.

3 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

I thought I saw something that said the Yanks were hoping to land Britton AND Adam Ottavino. Boy add those 2 to Betances and Chapman and you have a hell of a bullpen. 

According to all the reports, they are still trying to land Ottavino. 

Brew Crew is all in, it seems.  

The Braves are apparently asking again about Realmuto. The Marlins seem content to sit on him until their price is met.  

And lastly the Manny Machado sweepstakes is apparently down to Philadelphia and Chicago. 

Bold of the Cubs to add that salar..... wait.  *Checks notes*   Oh. Well, seems Manny doesn't mind losing a lot.

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Brew Crew is all in, it seems.  

The Braves are apparently asking again about Realmuto. The Marlins seem content to sit on him until their price is met.  

And lastly the Manny Machado sweepstakes is apparently down to Philadelphia and Chicago. 

Bold of the Cubs to add that salar..... wait.  *Checks notes*   Oh. Well, seems Manny doesn't mind losing a lot.

Damn, you scared me for a second there with your note about Machado. I was thinking "what the hell, I don't want Machado going to the Cubs and it's not going to happen anyway."

Choosing the White Sox wouldn't be the dumbest move. That fanbase is in the shitter and attendance for games is too. If Machado doesn't want to stop being an idiot and is chasing the money, the go with the White Sox. There would be way more pressure on him by going to the Phillies.

• Haha 2