DVDVR Message Board

MLB OFFSEASON - P&C report 2/13/19

RIPPA

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Os have fired GM Dan Duquette too

Long overdue. That team is an absolute shambles, and years away from contending (basically until Angelos finally sells them)

5 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Long overdue. That team is an absolute shambles, and years away from contending (basically until Angelos finally sells them)

It is staying within the Angelos family (since basically his sons are already running the team with Angelos' health failing)

They are boned for a long time

On 10/11/2018 at 6:23 PM, Craig H said:

Goodbye Chili Davis. You won't be missed. 

True story: Back in the 1990s when I owned half of a sportscard store and was much more into collecting, I decided having autographed cards of all members of the 300-HR club (except Ruth and Gehrig, who would obviously be too expensive) would be a fun thing to have. The collection is short Jimmie Foxx, but otherwise complete as of the date that I realized I would have to include Chili Davis and Gary Gaetti and I said fuck all that.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, OSJ said:

True story: Back in the 1990s when I owned half of a sportscard store and was much more into collecting, I decided having autographed cards of all members of the 300-HR club (except Ruth and Gehrig, who would obviously be too expensive) would be a fun thing to have. The collection is short Jimmie Foxx, but otherwise complete as of the date that I realized I would have to include Chili Davis and Gary Gaetti and I said fuck all that.

The good news is that those cards would have cost you about $0.000002 - combined - to acquire.

• Haha 1

And to put a bow on this - the Cubs have already hired Anthony Iapoce who was with the Rangers. Since the Rangers need a new skipper, all the coaches had been given permissions to seek other jobs

And it looks like the Angels have decided to swindle someone out of a new stadium deal as they opted out of their current lease.

Basically - they will play next year in Angel Stadium and then they are all WE DON'T KNOW WHAT WE WILL DO?!?!?!?! (while subtly claiming they might have to leave town)

I was positive @RIPPA was posting this and I was about to be out $20.   Oh well.  

All of you fucking killjoys finally got your wish:

Removal will cost $2.5 million(!).

Also, the Marlins logo will be changed for 2019 according to some reports. They'll still be "Miami", but the M and the marlin itself are changing a bit.  Plus, they'll be busting the old Teal uni's out at some point. 

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And it looks like the Angels have decided to swindle someone out of a new stadium deal as they opted out of their current lease.

Basically - they will play next year in Angel Stadium and then they are all WE DON'T KNOW WHAT WE WILL DO?!?!?!?! (while subtly claiming they might have to leave town)

The Montreal Angels has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

• Like 1