DVDVR Message Board

MLB OFFSEASON - P&C report 2/13/19

RIPPA

EVERYONE GETS A 2ND BASEMAN!!!!

See Dozier above

Mets sign Jed Lowrie - 2 years, $20 million

Yanks sign DJ LeMahieu - 2 years, $24 million

Yanks supposedly will use LeMahieu all over the infield.

I guess it doesn't totally rule them out on Machado but they also aren't waiting for him

Just now, ChesterCopperpot said:

Just eating salary - that's $38m for Tulo and $16m approx for Martin. Only $17 million is committed for 2020, $8 million for 2021, and $5 million for 2022. 

A rounding error for Rogers.  

4 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

And the tear-down is complete

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Until they trade Stroman and Sanchez (please neither to the Friars)

If he picks up where he left off with similar numbers to last year, the Jays should get something pretty decent for 1B Justin Smoak at the deadline. 

I'm not sure why, but I have much less of a problem with a guy posing like that than flipping his bat. The bat flipping is far more contrived, ostentatious and "fuck you"y to me. Granted, do that on the MLB level you're asking for trouble unless your name is Reggie, or Jr. or Bonds and its asking for trouble. . . . 

2 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

I'm not sure why, but I have much less of a problem with a guy posing like that than flipping his bat. The bat flipping is far more ostentatious and "fuck you"y to me. Granted, do that on the MLB level you're asking for trouble unless your name is Reggie, or Jr. or Bonds and its asking for trouble. . . . 

The opposing pitcher is going headhunting if a hitter does something like that. I think the closest we'll ever see was Bonds admiring his HRs. 

20 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The opposing pitcher is going headhunting if a hitter does something like that. I think the closest we'll ever see was Bonds admiring his HRs. 

The one time in my life that I hit two HRs in a game (I was usually good for 6 or 7 a season, power hitting was not my forte), I was so excited I ran the bases screaming "That's two!" The next time up I lined one up the 1st base line, (which was more like it) and the fucking pitcher ran over and kneed me in the balls. Motherfucker.

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm sure that's correct. I guess I'm more surprised that no one went after Joey bats and the like. . . .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

I'm sure that's correct. I guess I'm more surprised that no one went after Joey bats and the like. . . .

especially after that playoff HR bat chuck

I will forever love Rougned Odor for punching Bautista back in 2016.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2019 at 6:58 PM, OSJ said:

The one time in my life that I hit two HRs in a game (I was usually good for 6 or 7 a season, power hitting was not my forte), I was so excited I ran the bases screaming "That's two!" The next time up I lined one up the 1st base line, (which was more like it) and the fucking pitcher ran over and kneed me in the balls. Motherfucker.

Did the pitcher then declare "That's two"?

• Haha 2

It appears the Yanks and Reds have some sort of deal in place where Cincy would get Sonny Gray

The Reds are in the process of trying to work out an extension with Gray which I guess is the reason nothing is official yet

Which could be part of the reason an extension hasn't been agreed upon yet.

Apparently - the teams agreed to a 72 hour window where the Reds can discuss an extension with Gray which ends sometime this evening.

Gray will be a Red. If he agrees to an extension, the compensation the Yanks get will be greater

Okay the Gray trade is official - but somehow someway the Mariners got involved too

Reds get Sonny Gray and LHP Reiver Sanmartin

Yanks get 2B Prospect Shed Long and a competitive balance pick in the 2019 Draft

Yanks THEN send Long to the Mariners for OF Josh Stowers.

Gray's extension is three years, $30.5 million, covering 2020-22, with a club option for '23 at $12 million.

EDIT: Long was the Reds was one of the Reds Top 10 prospects (6th or 7th depending on what publication you looked at)

Stowers was the Mariners 2018 2nd round pick