DVDVR Message Board

Worst. Rusev Day. Ever. - SDL - 9/18/2018

Dolfan in NYC

My guess is they did not want the crowd chanting Becky during the beatdown.   Oh well.  

And I'm still too sad to talk about Aiden turning on Rusev.   But hey, at least we'll get to see what a true babyface Rusev looks like. So that's a good thing. 

Aiden English is fucked without Rusev. After the Rusev feud, I wouldn't be surprised if he's working nxt dates again, like Tyler Breeze.

I really enjoyed AJ/Almas and was surprised at the clean finish. Joe deserves a title run. He's been so good since moving to SD. A world title feud between Joe, AJ, and Bryan would fill my indy heart with such joy.

Justified-heel Becky is awesome. I'm loving her feud with Charlotte.

Bryan not being made to look like an idiot is always a plus.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

I called Aiden's heel turn during the backstage segment. I'm guessing the reasoning is going to be he felt under-appreciated. Let's see how this plays out.

Becky is still the top face.

I had a bad feeling Aiden was turning when they didn't win Sunday. Leave it to WWE to not pull the trigger on an act that got over organically. It still surprises me they actually did pull the trigger on Heath Slater and Rhyno.

Kofi's comment on Big E's Aussie accent and the subsequent reaction from Big E & Xavier was wonderful.

Aiden turning felt like a matter of time with how things have been building the last 2 months.

AJ/Almas was so good.

It was nice seeing Bryan come out on top in the opening segment. Hopefully he does at SSD as well.

Dug the last segment with Becky and Charlotte. Becky has been great as a heel, but it still annoys me to see her pushed as one when its obvious the crowd won't accept it.I'm pleased that this got the main event slot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

With the recent Rusev Day tags being real solid, it was the first time I had cared about Aiden and thought he was impressing in the ring. So of course they split and he'll go right back to where he was before. Loved the Styles/Almas finish.

Maybe Aiden can latch on with Luke Harper and they can do a Phantom of the Opera-like gimmick.

Stone Cold Becky Lynch, most badass face in the universe easily brushes off the cheapshot from sore loser Charlotte Flair -who won’t even raise Becky’s hand or put the title she cleanly won fair and square around her waist  - and still wins the fight.

It’s great that little girls have such an amazing hero to look up to.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

You gotta love it. Rusev gets a silly little thing more over than you'd ever expect. They toss an utterly heatless English with him, and, shockingly, it takes the fuck off. They become the most over act in the undercard. WWE refuses to ever elevate them for months, refuses to actually turn them face despite their screaming popularity and soaring merchandise sales, and at times leaves them off tv for weeks at a time. They throw Rusev a token title shot at a B-show, then drop him right back to the undercard.

Then, despite getting no real milage out of the wildly over duo, they run a slow ass break up angle, pretend to put it on hold, and then rush it right back.

I mean, eventually there was probably some story to get out of splitting them. By why not pull the trigger on them first?

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

You gotta love it. Rusev gets a silly little thing more over than you'd ever expect. They toss an utterly heatless English with him, and, shockingly, it takes the fuck off. They become the most over act in the undercard. WWE refuses to ever elevate them for months, refuses to actually turn them face despite their screaming popularity and soaring merchandise sales, and at times leaves them off tv for weeks at a time. They throw Rusev a token title shot at a B-show, then drop him right back to the undercard.

Then, despite getting no real milage out of the wildly over duo, they run a slow ass break up angle, pretend to put it on hold, and then rush it right back.

I mean, eventually there was probably some story to get out of splitting them. By why not pull the trigger on them first?

...Because WWE's fucking stupid.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, RIShane said:

You know how you can tell Becky is the heel? She comes out on top in every segment.

Also, that AJ/Almas match was awesome, with a truly excellent finishing sequence.

• Like 4