DVDVR Message Board

WWE Evolution - 10/28/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Okay guys, everyone knows that the WWE doesn't plan the vast majority of things out until a month or two in advance.  This PPV will be absolutely fine.   

They've got a month to build a PPV, which is more than enough.  The 7 matches are set (MYC finals, legends vs. currents) or have distinct possibilities based on what we believe is going to happen in Australia  (Flair/Lynch 3, Ronda/Nikki, Sane/Baszler,  NXT UK spoiler vs. NXT UK spoiler).  The rest of the women will get on the show, probably in the long-rumored Women's tag title tournament, maybe a #1 contender match, and some other gimmick match to round out the card.  

Boom, it's done.   

Stop setting up a mental self-fulfilling prophecy because they're not moving fast enough for you.   

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

The problem with running this show is that 90% of the women are presented as mid-carders at best, and they haven't done anything to change that perception in the build-up to the show.[...]

Not to take away from your point, but this seems to be a general WWE problem. 

• Like 1

I'm kind of disappointed they made Nikki/Ronda so fast. Was hoping we would see Corbin or Steph gift the match to her after the attack.

I'm glad they changed Trish and Lita's matches to tags. I never had much faith in the singles matches.

With this though the official matches are back down to 3 (is there a reason Dolphin hasn't added Kairi vs. Shayna?). Was really hoping they would have a little more already on the table considering there are supposed to be 50 women on the show.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Was really hoping they would have a little more already on the table considering there are supposed to be 50 women on the show.

They hype and build-up is spread across RAW, Smackdown and NXT so (as it stands right now) they have 8 shows left to create the card before the 28th.

14 minutes ago, Eivion said:

With this though the official matches are back down to 3 (is there a reason Dolphin hasn't added Kairi vs. Shayna?). Was really hoping they would have a little more already on the table considering there are supposed to be 50 women on the show.

I'm assuming the stipulation for Becky/Charlotte will be announced on SDL. 

37 minutes ago, Casey said:

They hype and build-up is spread across RAW, Smackdown and NXT so (as it stands right now) they have 8 shows left to create the card before the 28th.

The problem is NXT is already taped so if there is anything beyond the already announced Kairi/Shayna it will just be semi-random segments..

28 minutes ago, RIShane said:

I'm assuming the stipulation for Becky/Charlotte will be announced on SDL. 

becky vs. Charlotte is happening on SDL. I suppose if we get a fuck finish they will announce a final match, but still I do wish they would stop overkilling things with these rematches.

Trish Stratus vs. Alexa Bliss and Mickie James vs. Lita getting turned into a tag match (Holla Holla!)  also makes a renewal of the Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James feud from 2006. Everyone remembers THAT gesture by Mickie James at WrestleMania 22.

Per Meltzer - the plan was always to do a tag. They announced Trish vs. Alexa in the hopes it would sell tickets since they couldn't announce Ronda/Nikki ahead of time.

It just also happens to work out that Alexa is gimpy and Trish and Lita are rusty as all get out.

8 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

So they announced a match to sell tickets knowing they weren't going to deliver on that match? Nice.

Welcome to the WWE of the last.... well forever

• Like 1

I am still wondering what they do about the NXT UK Title.

They have a woman who is champ who has defended the title at Florida NXT house shows but her win has never been aired.

I am assuming they are going to just pretend they never said the NXT UK Title was too be defended

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Trish Stratus vs. Alexa Bliss and Mickie James vs. Lita getting turned into a tag match (Holla Holla!)  also makes a renewal of the Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James feud from 2006. Everyone remembers THAT gesture by Mickie James at WrestleMania 22.

Not if you bought the DVD and never saw the show live. I don't know if it is on youtube but Daizee Haze has a super fun take on the Gesture.