DVDVR Message Board

WWE Evolution - 10/28/2018

Dolfan in NYC

24 minutes ago, Rick said:

Sasha's had a multitude of injuries due to her recklessness

I don't know where you're getting that from. She's missed time due to injury twice.  The first was when a ref inadvertently  kicked her in the head at a house show.  The second was most recently, she was out with concussion like symptoms and nobody knows the when or how.  When they had her lose the title back to Charlotte due to injury one time, they thought she injured her back but she was fine and back in action the following week.  

4 hours ago, RIShane said:

Speaking of celebratory photos, this group selfie from Charlotte Flair's twitter is lovely:

Dqru_cyVAAA53j5.jpg

Should've been posted in the Kayfabe in 2018 thread.

7 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't know where you're getting that from. She's missed time due to injury twice.  The first was when a ref inadvertently  kicked her in the head at a house show.  The second was most recently, she was out with concussion like symptoms and nobody knows the when or how.  When they had her lose the title back to Charlotte due to injury one time, they thought she injured her back but she was fine and back in action the following week.  

If we're using your parameters of relevancy she fell on the top of her head from a reverse rana in the same match with Bayley you're championing her for pulling off a (ref assisted) tope con hilo and spent time off following that.

That's just one example. 

I'll concede, she hits them cleaner than Brie Bella at least.

My point still stands, she executes her high flying moves awkwardly, she isn't athletically gifted to pull them off regularly, but she tries to anyway. She's botched dozens of times. She excels with base work. Stomping on the fingers, ragging on the limbs. It's those traits that made me really gravitate to her in NXT when she was a heel. All of these gif examples are kinda petty in the overall argument that she should stick to what she does well, rather than what she sucks at. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

I'll concede, she hits them cleaner than Brie Bella at least.

My point still stands, she executes her high flying moves awkwardly, she isn't athletically gifted to pull them off regularly, but she tries to anyway. She's botched dozens of times. She excels with base work. Stomping on the fingers, ragging on the limbs. It's those traits that made me really gravitate to her in NXT when she was a heel. All of these gif examples are kinda petty in the overall argument that she should stick to what she does well, rather than what she sucks at. 

You'll see more of that when/if she's given some time but more often than not her and Bayley are given little time to tell a story so they are out there just doing spots so you're going to see Sasha either A) trying to do a big move or even more often than that B)  bumping huge off someone else's big move like last night where she was taking all kinds of punishment. 

No fault of her own,  this is what she's become as a wrestler until she is given something more to work with. 

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

You'll see more of that when/if she's given some time but more often than not her and Bayley are given little time to tell a story so they are out there just doing spots so you're going to see Sasha either A) trying to do a big move or even more often than that B)  bumping huge off someone else's big move like last night where she was taking all kinds of punishment. 

No fault of her own,  this is what she's become as a wrestler until she is given something more to work with. 

200.gif

But her high flying stuff is still bad. 

So what does Becky do from here? We have Survivor Series and TLC coming up with no obvious challenger.

Some ideas - 

Nia cashes her title shot in on Becky. I cant remember hearing that Nia's shot was for the RAW title so this could be a loop hole for a once off match at SS. Plays into the 'RAW v SDL" thing too.

The IIconics jump her. A match against Peyton at SS and then maybe a handicap TLC match against The IIconics?

She helps Charlotte... just to beat her again. SDL have a tourney to decide the #1 contender at TLC. Charlotte makes the finals (maybe vs Asuka?) and Becky interferes to HELP Charlotte, only to turn around and explain that she did it because beating Charlotte is just too damn fun/easy/satisfying.

F/u from @L_W_P's ideas ... Why not one of the legends from the show going after "one last run"? Other than Trish, who would be one of the legends that would be the most fun/credible in that scenario? (Though Becky/Trish ... damn.)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, nate said:

F/u from @L_W_P's ideas ... Why not one of the legends from the show going after "one last run"? Other than Trish, who would be one of the legends that would be the most fun/credible in that scenario? (Though Becky/Trish ... damn.)

Would Lita die if they did the "Xtreme" TLC match?