DVDVR Message Board

WWE Evolution - 10/28/2018

Dolfan in NYC

18 minutes ago, Rick said:

He's a Becky stan, man. 

When I'm pretending not to watch the Saudi show I'll be watching the HBK match first rather than the Usos or something. 

If you are going to watch, getting what's most likely to be the worst match out of the way first is a smart strategy.

I'm sticking with my stance of fuck Saudi Arabia. The only crown jewel I recognize is Jimmy Rave.

• Like 4

That was one HELL of a show in front of a red hot crowd. Probably nothing quite on MOTYC level, but everything was good.

Loved the layout as well. Got the two nostalgia matches at the top, during the Twitter simulcast, to help sell the show. Then they put all that in behind and showed off the current roster.

I swear to God, in her two matches this year, Michelle McCool has looked better than she ever did as a regular.

I thought Ronda and Nikki were screwed having to follow Becky, but they were more than up to it. 

Okay, gonna read what the rest of you thought.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

That was one HELL of a show in front of a red hot crowd. Probably nothing quite on MOTYC level, but everything was good.

I'd put Charlotte/Becky at MOTYC level.

6 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I swear to God, in her two matches this year, Michelle McCool has looked better than she ever did as a regular.

Really? I though McCool didn't look that great during the RR. She looked better during her time as a regular and tonight's show.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Why are you watching matches out of order? When choosing to watch out of order why didn't you save the best for last?

Short on time so trying to see the matches I wanted to the most, Lynch/Flair more than any other.

21 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I'd put Charlotte/Becky at MOTYC level.

Really? I though McCool didn't look that great during the RR. She looked better during her time as a regular and tonight's show.

I thought she was one of the highlights of the Rumble. Looked like she could step right back in and be good. 

• Like 1

I don't really have any thoughts on the show... it was pretty fucking awesome. I forget who said it recently (Steph? Triple H? Vince? Not sure), but apparently the idea of a women's only weekly show is being kicked around internally. If that's the case, sign me the fuck up.

Oh, and Liv was robbed twice. First time by losing to Sasha, and the second time was when Nikki & Brie Bella destroyed her in the sneaker game tonight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rick said:

Let's hope Kevin Nash doesn't rear his ugly head out of the wilderness powerbombing her at Survivor Series. 

Nah uh.

I want Nash to reprise his X-Division gimmick in TNA, but with the womens' division on Smackdown. How much more watchable would Total Divas be if Kevin Nash is put on it? I'd watch that

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Brysynner said:

So I'm assuming we get Charlotte/Bayley/Sasha/Sane vs. MMA 4 Horsewomen at Survivor Series

It seems like judging from that post-match shot (and from the Raw preview) that we're getting Ronda/Nia at Survivor Series. Not sure what they're doing for Becky's SDL title just yet.

1 hour ago, JonnyLaw said:

Am I the only one who saw Meiko in the crowd and got a little pissed they could bring her in for that, but not at least give her some sort of match?

Yeah - I believe all the MYC competitors were there along with all the NXT women who had been on TV.

I mean they probably had the right number of matches for the card but with no aired Kickoff match - they could have done either a NXT or MYC showcase match.

I am thinking in the short term - it is gonna be Baszler/Duke/Shafir vs. Kairi and friends (most likely Io and someone)

In the long term - it has been reported multiple times that the WWE plans on running Horsewomen vs. Horsewomen at a big show. Survivor Series is just way too soon due to current stories (and Duke and Shafir's inexperience)

To tie into the Becky heel/face thing - this video reminded me

In those pre-PPV videos, Becky talked about having a hit list of all the people who turned on her. So that plays into the challenge everyone on all the rosters thing.

So she at least seems to be playing the character more as a loaner/tweener (even if the WWE really wants to portray her as traditional heel - editing in all those boos really worked out for them ?)

2 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

Am I the only one who saw Meiko in the crowd and got a little pissed they could bring her in for that, but not at least give her some sort of match?

I wonder if they might give her a match on TV this week. You know Sasha would offer up her firstborn for the chance to wrestle Meiko...

47 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

(******1/4)

Did anyone else watch until the show went off the air, after the recap video? The very last shot was Ronda and Charlotte clinking their belts (ala The Revival) with Ronda having her big happy smile and Becky just smirking.

• Like 2