DVDVR Message Board

WWE Evolution - 10/28/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Ideally:
* - Charlotte vs Becky, loser leaves town on SD. Becky goes over with a screwy finish. Charlotte leaves, NXT 3 Horsewomen ambush Becky as show goes off air
* - NXT 3 Horsewomen lay out Team Hug next episode of RAW. Ronda closes show cutting a promo about Evolution. Charlotte interrupts, and asks for a title shot. Before answer can be given, NXT 3 Horsewomen beat down Charlotte
* - Becky makes open challenge to Ronda on SD, accusing her of being responsible for being attacked, and that she's coming to RAW on Monday.
* - Ronda denies responsibility for Baszler and co coming to RAW, but glad to see them. Baszler accuses Charlotte of asking them to come to SD to attack Becky. Team HUG come out and want a shot at Ronda. 3 Horsewomen beat down Team HUG, Ronda tries to stop them, Charlotte runs out for the save, accidentally hits Ronda, Ronda loses it and puts the armbar on Bayley and takes her out. Sasha still gets shot at Ronda in the main event, match never happens as 3 Horsewomen attack her on the ramp before bell rings. Charlotte tries to make save again, numbers game prevails. Becky comes out for the save. Ronda looks on from guest commentary, tension between Becky and Charlotte. Charlotte challenges Ronda and 3 Horsewomen to a 3 on 3 match (because of injured Bayley) at Survivor Series, before Ronda can accept, Nia comes out and cashes in her Battle Royal title shot at Survivor Series. Becky lays out Charlotte for accepting challenge on her behalf. Staredown between Ronda and Nia as show goes off air.

Figure it out from there...

46 minutes ago, nate said:

I have a theory about that.  You have the "diva" competitors, then you have women wrestlers who worked on the indies and had all the training, but then you have someone like Ronda who's all "I used to get punched in the face for a living, you want me to try a cross body off the top?  Beats getting punched in the face for a living!"

The character work is up my alley too.  "?I'm going to fuck you up?OMG I'M SO HAPPY TO BE HERE YOU GUYS!!!"

The character is great. She's like an at-risk youth who has a great personality and an optimistic disposition most of the time....but when things go wrong her messed up side overwhelms that and she does shit that makes it impossible for her to not end up in a bad situation.

I guess what I mean is that she's a rage monster who has found a way to channel her issues most of the time just enough to keep her out of prison which is just another way of saying "A UFC fighter."

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Really good show. I enjoyed every match.

I was a little perplexed why a part timer with a bad neck got so much offense in on Ronda. Also I would have rather Ember Moon won that Battle Royal. Nia vs Ronda we've seen it before. Ember put on one hell of a performance, I'd like to see some new blood in championship contention.

Becky vs Charolette was really fucking good. Becky is on a completely different level right now and it is super fun to watch. Becky vs Charolette is the best feud in WWE right now IMO. So much emotion in this match, as brutal as they could get without bleeding. I did like Becky stacking all those chairs and shit onto Charolette hoping that would keep her down for the ten count. Desperate times my friend.

10 minutes ago, Rick said:

another thing, I've never been impressed by Liv, ever. Before the show she would be the first on the list if I had a talent purge, but she showed she had something tonight. It was the first time I felt she took control of the structure of the match rather than the structure of the match taking control of her. 

I'm amazed how long Alicia Fox has been with the company, yet she's still terrible. She is everything that was wrong with the diva era.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This Charlotte/Becky match was completely insane. What a great hate-fueled brawled and awesome character work. Becky deserves all the love she gets for what she's been doing. But Charlotte needs a lot of love, too. She's one of the biggest bump freaks in memory. Total nut job with what she's willing to do in a match. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, piranesi said:

The character is great. She's like an at-risk youth who has a great personality and an optimistic disposition most of the time....but when things go wrong her messed up side overwhelms that and she does shit that makes it impossible for her to not end up in a bad situation.

I guess what I mean is that she's a rage monster who has found a way to channel her issues most of the time just enough to keep her out of prison which is just another way of saying "A UFC fighter."

Can we get her and Dean Ambrose in a room together to discuss methods for coping with stress?

Did they say anywhere that Nia's title shot was for her brand's title? I'm half expecting her to show up on SDL and attack Becky to set up a match for Survivor Series.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Natural said:

Charlotte Flair's going to win when she shouldn't like she did against Asuka at WrestleMania XXXIII. I won't be the only one disappointed by this.

#BootheWoo and #TeamSavageBecky.

I got this wrong and I'm happy for it.

• Like 3

That Rousey/Nikki match was a blast, too. I think Nikki Bella might be my least favorite WWE performer in memory. Ronda has so much presence and charisma but she's obviously green in terms of pro wrestling. But this was a really good paint-by-numbers match that had just enough nonsense and shtick from the Bellas countered by Rousey's brutality and confidence to make it very watchable.

Because Evolution opened the doors for NXT and WWE to co-mingle. Plus this allows a tease of Rousey/Charlotte and a tease of the WWE Horsewomen vs. MMA Horsewomen. You can put over Team Rousey while making a point that it wasn't the full WWE Horsewomen they beat and you can really slow build Becky and Charlotte making amends by Survivor Series 2019.  Most of this comes down to WWE booking long-term which we know does not happen anymore.

I think most of the irrational hatred for Charlotte stems from being perceived as the John Cena of the women's division. She's beaten win streaks (Asuka), main evented pay per views and had more title reigns than anyone else. Obviously, given who her father is and the lineage that comes with the Flair name it could be perceived that she's been given favorable treatment. That's not denying her talent. She absolutely deserves it, but taking those things into consideration it could have an adverse effect on anyone's popularity. Then I look at Becky, she reminds me of Punk in 2011. The same kind of momentum. Raging against the machine, grabbing the brass ring with tremendous character work with a clear chip on her shoulder. Tonight was Becky's money in the bank moment. Let's hope Kevin Nash doesn't rear his ugly head out of the wilderness powerbombing her at Survivor Series. 

• Like 3

Just watched and enjoyed Lynch vs. Flair. The women beat each other up with the canvas of chairs, kendo stick and tables. WWE has a great track record with LMS matches. 

Need to watch Kairi Sane vs. Shayna Baszler, Ronda Rousey vs. Nikki Bella and the battle royal.

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Just watched and enjoyed Lynch vs. Flair. The women beat each other up with the canvas of chairs, kendo stick and tables. WWE has a great track record with LMS matches. 

Need to watch Kairi Sane vs. Shayna Baszler, Ronda Rousey vs. Nikki Bella and the battle royal.

Why are you watching matches out of order? When choosing to watch out of order why didn't you save the best for last?