DVDVR Message Board

WWE Evolution - 10/28/2018

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

Alicia Fox replacing Bliss increases the match quality tenfold, but also guarantees we know who is taking the pin.

As true as this is I'm kind of glad since Fox was seemingly not on the card otherwise outside of being Bliss & Mickie's second.

Cool story on WWE about Sara "Del Rey" Amato about her importance.   And while she is definitely important; an argument could also be made for Fit Finlay as he was one of the first to work WWE divas in angles/matches with some real meat to it and not filler

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

This is probably just more "Alexa is the worst worker" nonsense, rather than any kind of praise for Alicia. 

Alexa is no superworker, but she's better than Alicia Fox. I don't think I've seen anything from her that I'd even call mediocre. At least, her crazy gimmick has gotten better with the ridiculous outfits. 

• Like 1

The glue to that match was going to have to be Mickie James and so with that not much has changed. This card could have been a lot better but at least there's a few interesting matches on it.  My dad was telling me that Ronda and Natalya were on Rachael Ray today I don't know I didn't see it,  I did see Sasha Banks showed up on The Real so they are definitely out promoting this.  

2 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

This is probably just more "Alexa is the worst worker" nonsense, rather than any kind of praise for Alicia. 

Not true. Alexa is perfectly adequate, but I'm a big supporter of Alicia, and I'm happy to see her get a match on a big show. Alicia's a great bumper, has that perfect Northern Lights suplex, great nasty back breaker. I even bought her one and only t-shirt this year. 

• Like 6

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am now wondering if they are gonna open with Becky/Charlotte to draw more eyeballs in

Also that article confirms there is a one hour kickoff show

If they did open with that match (I personally hope its later in the show and they open with something less important, but hey), a sensible strategy would be to have it run long so that the 30 minutes of streaming ends partway during the match.

It is really funny to think about who the WWE was pushing up to Mania and now when the actual all women's PPV arrives - they are all afterthoughts

Nia Jax (wins title at Mania) - in Battle Royal

Asuka (wins Rumble, undefeated streak) - in Battle Royal

Alexa Bliss (multiple reigns) - not wrestling

Naomi (wins first women's Battle Royal) - in Battle Royal

Carmella (first MITB winner, even mega pushed beyond Mania) - in Battle Royal

And that's not even counting Bayley and Sasha Banks (since they were basically afterthoughts already and the 6 man is really just another filler match on this show)

We had to figure Ronda would take a spot at the top and with her proving to be pretty good right away she's going to be up there for a long time.  The Bellas are popular;  the in-ring suffers with them around and I don't think that can be disputed given how poor Brie has been since her return.  

They had started to do some women's story lines outside of the title picture but that has pretty much stopped at this point and it's a bunch of talented women with nothing going on.  

That said,  the card isn't terrible.  It could have been a lot better but it's okay. 

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The Bellas are popular;  the in-ring suffers with them around and I don't think that can be disputed given how poor Brie has been since her return.  

Can be disputed and has been disputed repeatedly on this board alone. Nikki isn't Brie and there are fans of her work even if you aren't one.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MORELOCK said:

Can be disputed and has been disputed repeatedly on this board alone. Nikki isn't Brie and there are fans of her work even if you aren't one.  

There were fans of Enzo's work too. What are Nikki's best matches?  Can anyone name a Nikki Bella match that is a great match.  I await the typical "random SDL match with Nattie was pretty good"  replies. 

I do think Nikki vs. Ronda has a chance to be decent.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Off the top of my head I think I'd go with Nikki/Charlotte from HIAC 2015. Her best stuff was that title run and her initial SDL run in 2016 against Carmella and Natalya.

A few of those matches were solid,  I remember liking them.  But I'm asking what great match is on her resume.  A couple of these guys making Nikki out to be a super worker. If you look at all the top females in the company you can rattle off at least 2-3 or more matches that are must see.  Pick a name,  Ember Moon.  You have to see her matches with Asuka.  Bayley, you need to see her matches with Sasha and Asuka and even a match that she had with Eva Marie of all people was perfect for what they were trying to accomplish.  I'm not seeing that with the Bellas. 

• Like 1