DVDVR Message Board

WWE Evolution - 10/28/2018

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, Hail Sabin said:

Not if you bought the DVD and never saw the show live. I don't know if it is on youtube but Daizee Haze has a super fun take on the Gesture. 

Yeah, you either had to watch WrestleMania 22 live or record the show as it went out. Haven't heard Daizee Haze on the gesture. What did she say? Thanks.

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

Trish Stratus vs. Alexa Bliss and Mickie James vs. Lita getting turned into a tag match (Holla Holla!)  also makes a renewal of the Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James feud from 2006. Everyone remembers THAT gesture by Mickie James at WrestleMania 22.

Didn;t Trish and Mickie originally want to face each other again for this?

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Per Meltzer - the plan was always to do a tag. They announced Trish vs. Alexa in the hopes it would sell tickets since they couldn't announce Ronda/Nikki ahead of time.

It just also happens to work out that Alexa is gimpy and Trish and Lita are rusty as all get out.

While a somewhat interesting match, this was never going to be the match that really drew people in. That was moronic thinking on their part.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am still wondering what they do about the NXT UK Title.

They have a woman who is champ who has defended the title at Florida NXT house shows but her win has never been aired.

I am assuming they are going to just pretend they never said the NXT UK Title was too be defended

To be fair I don't think they ever announced the UK title would be defended anywhere that people normally would see it. It certainly wasn't mentioned during the original announcement on Raw or any time on tv.

Have they mentioned anywhere on TV other than NXT that Kiari Sane will defend against Shayna Bayzler? I don't think they have mentioned it at all on RAW or SD or any of the other promos they've been running for this show. As of now, there are only 4 announced matches, with the 5th likely being a Becky/Charlotte match in a cage or something. What are the rest of the "50 Women" going to be doing? Is there going to be a battle royal? The build to this show has been horrible, and it's placement between two major "Network Specials" that they also have to build to for the Men is no good either. Really curious how this is going to end up.

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Still waiting on how they will utilize the wrestlers of the division:  Ember,  Ruby, Sasha, Bayley, Asuka,  etc.. 

Sasha probably isn’t gonna be there. She’s isn’t on the updated poster, she’s been out for weeks, and nobody knows what’s going on with her. No injury or anything has been reported. Becky Lynch just replaced for an appearance on some TV show.

9 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

So they announced a match to sell tickets knowing they weren't going to deliver on that match? Nice.

Carny is as carny does.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FlaeBlazer said:

Sasha probably isn’t gonna be there. She’s isn’t on the updated poster, she’s been out for weeks, and nobody knows what’s going on with her. No injury or anything has been reported. Becky Lynch just replaced for an appearance on some TV show.

Sasha has been announced as out with injury.... they are just being very secretive on what the actual injury is

So like they did when Becky missed No Mercy last year because she was in the hospital and they didn't say why so everyone was all CLEARLY SHE HAD AN ABORTION!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Sasha has been announced as out with injury.... they are just being very secretive on what the actual injury is

So like they did when Becky missed No Mercy last year because she was in the hospital and they didn't say why so everyone was all CLEARLY SHE HAD AN ABORTION!!!

I’m surprised that we still don’t know what happened to Becky that night. Like nothing came out, no news reports from like Observer or PWInsider, nobody said anything in an interview or podcast, just nothing.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The NXT UK show was just announced and the first episode will air before Evolution so I think the NXT UK Women's Title match is a lock for the show now

Unless they air the show out of taping order or put up 3 shows those first two weeks, probably not. The champion wasn't even decided until the second set of tapings.

From a backend standpoint, repeating pics in different threads increases search and access time on the server, slowing loads.  Also, increases bandwidth use accessing things through the board.  It's why we were asked to stop one pic replying.  And Natural has a habit of back to back to back pic posting without sticking it in spoiler tags and thus increasing board load times, or posting the same thing across multiple threads thus increasing access times on the database.  

That, and as much as I would rag on Steph-bear for milking every bit of the credit for the WWE's new "progressive" stance on Women's Wrestling and is rewriting history to claim everything, honestly she's not to blame for the shit listless direction every woman NOT in a title program is stuck in.

• Thanks 2