DVDVR Message Board

2018 NFL - WEEK THREE

Dolfan in NYC

Miami Dolphins defensive end William Hayes tore the ACL in his right knee on Sunday in an unusual way.

It happened while Hayes completed a huge third-down sack on Oakland Raiders quarterback Derek Carr, coach Adam Gase said.

"He was trying to not put body weight on the quarterback," Gase said. "His foot got caught in the ground."

According to the new NFL rule change, a defender laying their body weight on a quarterback after a tackle or sack incurs a 15-yard roughing-the-passer penalty.

Gase was asked if he believes the rule change led to Hayes' torn ACL: "I'm just telling you what happened. ... I'm just telling you what he did."

Hayes appeared to shorten his last step -- with his right leg -- and attempted to roll over Carr instead of landing on him. He immediately grabbed his right knee, rolling and crawling on the ground while his teammates tried to help him.

Hayes walked off the field in considerable pain with a heavy limp.

This is a big loss for the Dolphins, who counted on Hayes to be one of their top run stoppers and rotational edge rushers.

"It hurts. He's one of our leaders," Gase said. "That's going to be a tough one to swallow."

At least no QBs were injured on the play

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Arizona has named Josh Rosen their starter. 

Thanks for playing Sam Bradford. 

Has anyone ever been consistently worse than Sam Bradford, but got more chances?  At least Ryan Fitzpatrick occasionally has a great game, Bradford is average as fuck game in and game out and keeps getting chances.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, supremebve said:

Has anyone ever been consistently worse than Sam Bradford, but got more chances?  At least Ryan Fitzpatrick occasionally has a great game, Bradford is average as fuck game in and game out and keeps getting chances.

Bradford got Minnesota off to a hot start in 2016, they went undefeated until their bye week.

4 minutes ago, Mike Campbell said:

Bradford got Minnesota off to a hot start in 2016, they went undefeated until their bye week.

He wasn't actively bad in that run, but I don't know if I'd describe him as good either.  That was absolutely his best season, but even then there wasn't a single second where a single defensive coordinator thought, "How am I going to stop Sam Bradford?"  He was 16th in yards and 19th in touchdowns...even at his best, he was overwhelmingly average.

4 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

So a less reliable, less consistent Chad Pennington?

I'd take Pennington over Bradford every day of the week.  Pennington had a low ceiling on his talent, but he absolutely reached that ceiling.  

• Like 3