DVDVR Message Board

2018 NFL - WEEK THREE

Dolfan in NYC

Raiders straight up doing the job in obvious and sloppy fashion now.

1st and 10 in the red zone with 3:00 left, down by 4, defense can't stop people, Lynch and the offensive line are dominating. 

So of course like every other moron offensive coordinator these days they throw a corner route in the end zone that naturally gets intercepted.

Two years of taking to hoard draft picks for that first season in Vegas.

2 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Arizona is now the worst team in the NFL, our teams are off the hook.

To be fair - the Texans have the longest active losing streak now with the Browns win

8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Jimmy being carted off the field.  Well,  this was a fun season. 

Just as well.  I did really want to Not Watch for Moral Reasons this year.

With the Niners' thus gimped and the Raiders in Barry Horowitz mode until Vegas now I can Not Watch because they suck and I can claim Morality.

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

I mean this "body weight" penalty or whatever the fuck it is officially called basically the Tony Sirgusa rule just 12 years after the fact.   The fact they waited that long to create the rule tells you how little they really did care about it.

It's because Rodgers broke his collarbone last year. It's fucking dumb, but there you go.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

You know what? Fuck the NFL rules. . . .

My dad's a Raider/Niner fan like me but it was actually seeing Mike McCarthy screaming at the ref over the Clay Matthews penalty that inspired his latest Old Man Creative Protest idea.

When the refs start jobbing you out on defense, you stop sending a defense out there (save for one token guy who can stand or better yet kneel on the goal line), tell the refs "I'm not letting my guys get injured for nothing.  Since you've decided we're not allowed to compete, we won't.  Fuck You."

[The offense counterpart is to start punting on first down, for the sake of completionism]

Embarrass the league into change, since there's no in-game recourse for bad penalty calls, the only other option is protest.

Can't run any highlights from the game if one team refuses to play.

The Packers almost did this with the meaningless extra point after the Fail Mary in Seattle, and they totally should have.

Speaking of Trubisky, HE FUCKING SUUUUUCKS. Previous series AZ blitzed and Mitch ran back a bunch of yards like a QB in Tecmo Bowl.

This series he fumbled while scrambling. That's it. Ball wasn't ripped out or punched. Mitch just coughed it up.