DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Advanced Brockomonics - 9/17/2018

Dolfan in NYC

I wonder which school of Brockomonics Heyman subscribes to, laissez-faire or Keynesian. ? 

Also, interesting that the KSA is getting their second PPV this year, but should it really have been called WWE The Price of Oil is over $75/barrel?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I wonder which school of Brockomonics Heyman subscribes to, laissez-faire or Keynesian. ? 

Also, interesting that the KSA is getting their second PPV this year, but should it really have been called WWE The Price of Oil is over $75/barrel?

I liked Raziel's suggestion, WWE Blood Money 2: Electric Boogaloo. 

I was hoping Heyman was going to borrow an equation from Professor Scott Steiner. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I really loved that Lio Rush and Lashley deal with Elias and Owens.  Crowd was into it too.   Nia Jax and Ember Moon was a fun team.  Good to see them get some burn.

It really sucks that Sami is injured because Lashley/Lil Lashley vs. Owens/skinny Owens could have been fucking gold.  I mean, WWE would have fucked it up obviously, but the booking we could have imagined before they fucked it up...

4 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

It really sucks that Sami is injured because Lashley/Lil Lashley vs. Owens/skinny Owens could have been fucking gold.  I mean, WWE would have fucked it up obviously, but the booking we could have imagined before they fucked it up...

You're probably better off; not setting yourself up for disappointment.

The Lio segment with Lashley, Owens, & Elias was awesome.

Its nice to have Nia back. She looked good with the hot tag. Bayley/Dana was a nice little match. I dug the whole Rousey/Riott Squad segment. It was a nice setup for Super Show-Down. I hope Ruby gets the win and title shot against Ronda at Evolution.

Drew/Dean was ood. Roman/Corbin seemed decent from I paid attention to.

25 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I really loved that Lio Rush and Lashley deal with Elias and Owens.  Crowd was into it too.  

Its so funny to me is his gimmick is basically what he got crucified for early on in the year after the Emma release I believe that was blown out of proportion because he was in gimmick mode .

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Also, interesting that the KSA is getting their second PPV this year

Wasn't this confirmed during the Greatest Royal Rumble? Or shortly after? I know we've talked about a second Saudi event taking place in November.

16 minutes ago, Casey said:

Wasn't this confirmed during the Greatest Royal Rumble? Or shortly after? I know we've talked about a second Saudi event taking place in November.

I don't think they said it would be a network/ppv special though. They just said they were returning in November. 

I was asleep for the first half of the show. I woke up in time to see Bayley knee the hell out of Dana Brooke in the jaw. Speaking of the women, The Bella's doing a run in to save Ronda Rousey might be the hardest I've laughed at a WWE thing in a while. The eventual Ronda/Nikki match is going to be amusing especially when Nikki does one of her Misawa elbows on Ronda and Ronda in turn judo throws the shit out of her.

• Like 1

I hate when they book matches in advance and tailor the booking to fit the matches rather than have the matches develop as a result of the best booking.  Like they book Riott Squad against the Bellas/Rousey despite the fact there’s no real storyline reason for it, then have RS randomly decide to attack Rousey and the Bellas randomly come out to help. I don’t know why but it really annoys me.  Now if the RS randomly decide to attack Rousey because they are jealous of the attention she gets and the Bellas come out to help Rousey because the RS disparaged them in a promo or something, then they book the match, I’m totally fine with it.  But with all these shows being hyped in advance with matches, everything just feels like “I’m supposed to fight you cuz the script told me to” And it drives me batty.  

That Elias/Lio/Lashley And Owens segment was amazing.  Elias asking “Whose kid is this?” was a genuine LOL moment and his flips to avoid KO and Elias reminded me of Tajiri’s WWE debut where the majority of the audience doesn’t really know who he is, thinks he’s a comedy character and are BLOWN away by his skill.  

Also, why don’t they just announce the Women’s tag titles already?!  All these women randomly forming teams and wrestling as teams for NO EARTHLY REASON is so stupid.  “Let’s form a team and go after Ember Moon for no reason!” “Sounds great! Makes so much more sense than going after the Women’s Title Open Challenge against the injured champion using our 3 on 1 advantage!”

Lastly Renee is such an improvement over Coach.  When you have an overbearing heel commentator like Graves, it only works and the others call him on his shit.  Coach couldn’t/wouldn’t do it and Graves would just steamroll him, Renee actually does and even gets barbs in on him.  It’s a marked improvement already. 

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, caley said:

I hate when they book matches in advance and tailor the booking to fit the matches rather than have the matches develop as a result of the best booking.  Like they book Riott Squad against the Bellas/Rousey despite the fact there’s no real storyline reason for it, then have RS randomly decide to attack Rousey and the Bellas randomly come out to help. I don’t know why but it really annoys me.  Now if the RS randomly decide to attack Rousey because they are jealous of the attention she gets and the Bellas come out to help Rousey because the RS disparaged them in a promo or something, then they book the match, I’m totally fine with it.  But with all these shows being hyped in advance with matches, everything just feels like “I’m supposed to fight you cuz the script told me to” And it drives me batty.  

I agree to an extent, but to be fair the Bellas actually have been fighting the RS and befriending Rousey for weeks even before the SSD announcement. It makes sense that they would save Rousey. They still should have waited to announce the SSD match until after tat segment.

8 hours ago, caley said:

Also, why don’t they just announce the Women’s tag titles already?!  All these women randomly forming teams and wrestling as teams for NO EARTHLY REASON is so stupid.  “Let’s form a team and go after Ember Moon for no reason!” “Sounds great! Makes so much more sense than going after the Women’s Title Open Challenge against the injured champion using our 3 on 1 advantage!”

Yeah, having Alexa say "I'm grooming my friends to win the eventual tag titles" would have made more sense than "we're going to pick on Ember Moon and some mystery woman just because". And since when can't Ember find a partner? She's teamed with Bayley, Sasha, and Dana since coming to the main roster. Good to see Nia back though although I wonder where she'll fit in the mix of things.

Bayley/Dana was a decent match for what we got and probably the best Dana has looked ever. From commentary, it seems like she's the face that broke away from a corrupt Tytus but she's facing Bayley so I'm not quite sure what's going on lol

I also enjoyed the build-up to Ronda/Bellas vs the Riott Squad. 

The show is getting better at incorporating the women and involving them in their own storylines. Good. With a three hour show, they have no excuse. 

7 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Oh and Kane looking out for Knox County's interests in Australia

If he’s smart, he can set up meetings with the mayor of Melbourne and local companies and make it a trip where Knox County pays him to discuss trade and making Knox County the place for their American HQs

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Look, judging how ECW closed shop, I can't imagine he's got any firmer grasp on Brockonomics.

• Like 2

I watched Raw live for the first time in ages last night and the following things annoyed me;

Reigns barely sold the Cell match at all

The need to use full names of the wrestlers the whole time, “Baron Corbin just dodged Roman Reigns”- we know who they are no need to use full names the whole time. 

“Per Acting General Manager Baron Corbin”- geeesh!!!

The commentators using the nicknames AND full names of the talent in sentences, “The Big Dog Roman Reigns had to deal with The Monster Among Men and....”

The fact that the commentators or the talent have everything scripted for them and there’s no leeway for stuff on the fly makes it very hard to listen to.