DVDVR Message Board

Crown Jewel - 11/2/18 from null, null

John from Cincinnati

1 minute ago, HumanChessgame said:

They'll hold the show at an Undisclosed Location and stream it live on the jumbotron at the Saudi arena.

Tape the show at Nassau Coliseum the day after Evolution. Then, to really piss off the those who shall not be named, mail them a VHS cassette of the show.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Tape the show at Nassau Coliseum the day after Evolution. Then, to really piss off the those who shall not be named, mail them a VHS cassette of the show.

Just send them this bad boy. Based on their demands as to wrestlers they want to see they will be very pleased.

91y8db117fL._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

It makes you wonder what the show ends up looking like now. Will it still be all propaganda all the time, or will they try to ignore the reality of where they are as much as possible?

I didn't watch The Greatest Royal Rumble - were those videos shown on the Network, or just in the stadium to the live audience? If it's the former, I'm willing to bet the propaganda videos are a part of the deal.

6 minutes ago, Casey said:

I didn't watch The Greatest Royal Rumble - were those videos shown on the Network, or just in the stadium to the live audience? If it's the former, I'm willing to bet the propaganda videos are a part of the deal.

I didn't watch it either, but i understand there was a giant commercial for the ksa in the middle of the show, plus the constant boosting on commentary.

5 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Definitely seems like WWE is digging their heels on this issue. Probably the only thing that will get them to budge is if sponsors start expressing disapproval like with the Moolah issue.

Considering they no longer sell the commercials during the tv shows, I'm not sure they get enough money from sponsors to make it more important than this. Maybe if several got together. Or started pulling ads from tv causing USA to care.

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Considering they no longer sell the commercials during the tv shows, I'm not sure they get enough money from sponsors to make it more important than this. Maybe if several got together. Or staggered puking ads from tv causing USA to care.

I mean they still have major sponsors and corporate partners for events do they not? 

Just now, TheVileOne said:

I mean they still have major sponsors and corporate partners for events do they not? 

Yes, but i don't think they are getting nearly as much money from them as they are the KSA. Certainly not from any one or two alone. We still don't know the exact parameters of the deal, and might never, but it looks like bare minimum its $400 million over the decade.

2 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

So if they were to pull out of this show, would they have to return part of the money KSA had paid them? Or would Vince take an ill-fated trip to the local Saudi consulate to discuss the matter?

Y'know, I take a very dim view of people being chopped to bits by insane barbarians from jerkwater countries. That said, the idea of VKM leaving a KSA consulate in several briefcases is strangely comforting. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Yes, but i don't think they are getting nearly as much money from them as they are the KSA. Certainly not from any one or two alone. We still don't know the exact parameters of the deal, and might never, but it looks like bare minimum its $400 million over the decade.

Yeah, that was the point Meltzer made.  How much is WWE going to get from, say, Checkers over 10 years vs the amount he's making on the Saudi deal?  It's not even close.

7 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Definitely seems like WWE is digging their heels on this issue. Probably the only thing that will get them to budge is if sponsors start expressing disapproval like with the Moolah issue.

I was hoping that would matter but as has been pointed out that likely won't mean much to them.  But if anybody wants to join me in contacting said sponsors then it's worth a try.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Victator said:

Anybody think they will do a title change? Assuming AJ has his breaking records armor, but any chance Braun wins?

I doubt it. I mean, maybe there's a chance that Brock does the job to Braun, but they seem to be going in the direction of Braun vs Drew. Plus, this is ultimately another glorified house show, so the chance of a major title change is slim.

I still think they keep the title on Roman and finally pull the trigger on the Shield triple threat match for the Universal championship at WM. Unless they can somehow get the Rock to come back to take on Roman.

3 hours ago, Victator said:

Anybody think they will do a title change? Assuming AJ has his breaking records armor, but any chance Braun wins?

I think the ship has sailed on Braun. We know wrestling isn't top priority in WWE, but I'm sure they would like a Universal champion that can work a semi-long main event, at least when Brock isn't champion. How many of Braun's non-squashes have an extended stretch where he's nowhere to be found? I think it irks Vince just a bit that AJ Styles and whomever he's working with on the "B show" are consistently putting on better title matches than the "A show". I personally feel like Braun jumped the shark around WM. Everytime I hear "Get these hands", it feels cornier and cornier. It's such a lame catchphrase.

• Thanks 1

I don't think they really care too much about his wrestling ability. It is a factor but I imagine it's just more about Roman being their guy. Until Braun is losing cleanly to anyone but Roman, he's a solid option. 

I think the whole Mania match was a way to keep him in their back pocket if anything went wrong with Roman injury wise.

McIntyre is definitely surging into that spot though.