DVDVR Message Board

Crown Jewel - 11/2/18 from null, null

John from Cincinnati

13 minutes ago, piranesi said:

Shawn, Shawn, Shawn.  There's always apartment wrestling.  The Crown Prince has lots and lots of apartments.

Wait, this entire show is apartment wrestling isnt' it?

I said today it's just the worlds biggest sold ahow to a car dealer or high school booster club. 

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

The only reason I think this story is going to have longer legs than most awful events is because the victim was a journalist. Adds an extra incentive to journalists to not let it go.

It will have more play overseas than here.  We have an election in a few weeks and a $100 billion dollar arms deal to Saudi Arabia to push through.  There are enough distractions to keep everyone occupied in the US.

2 hours ago, evilwaldo said:

It will have more play overseas than here.  We have an election in a few weeks and a $100 billion dollar arms deal to Saudi Arabia to push through.  There are enough distractions to keep everyone occupied in the US.

This $100 billion us a red herring, yes, the Saudis would like to have $100 billion in arms, the fact is that the last time around they ordered $48 billion worth of stuff from the Obama administration and could only come up with $26 or $27 billion of the total bill. The idea that Saudi Arabia is just rolling in disposable dollars is something that they would very much like you to believe. It just isn't so. As far as Trump's contention that they would get the same stuff from Russia or China proves just what an ignorant twat he is or he's just lying again. 

The Saudis have been buying US-specific systems for decades, why is that important? Try and switch parts between an M-16 and AK-47 and see how well the gun fires. Now we're talking missile-guidance systems, radar devices, a whole different level of complexity from relatively simple automatic weapons. Does anyone really think that you can just swap parts like it was a box of Legos? 

• Like 1

Love seeing Vince MacMahon and The United States of America racing to see who is more desperate for cash that they'll join another richer man's Kiss My Ass club.

Pucker up bitches, reddit spoiler guys say both are booked to kiss that sweet sweet rich man asshole.

• Like 1

Alvarez is reporting most of the locker room doesn't want to do the trip. Not that it'll matter much since they are employees allegedly independent contractors with less rights them employees get.

42 minutes ago, OSJ said:

This $100 billion us a red herring, yes, the Saudis would like to have $100 billion in arms, the fact is that the last time around they ordered $48 billion worth of stuff from the Obama administration and could only come up with $26 or $27 billion of the total bill. The idea that Saudi Arabia is just rolling in disposable dollars is something that they would very much like you to believe. It just isn't so. As far as Trump's contention that they would get the same stuff from Russia or China proves just what an ignorant twat he is or he's just lying again. 

The Saudis have been buying US-specific systems for decades, why is that important? Try and switch parts between an M-16 and AK-47 and see how well the gun fires. Now we're talking missile-guidance systems, radar devices, a whole different level of complexity from relatively simple automatic weapons. Does anyone really think that you can just swap parts like it was a box of Legos? 

So you're saying WWE's plan to have Hunter team with Adam Cole and hope no one notices isn't going to work?

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

So you're saying WWE's plan to have Hunter team with Adam Cole and hope no one notices isn't going to work?

That's it! We just replace all the WWE workers with cleverly disguised laid-off Carrier factory workers and both Vince and Trump win!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Alvarez is reporting most of the locker room doesn't want to do the trip.

I wouldn't want to go either. I'll be damned if some cat do a drive-by on me riding a camel. Fuck Saudi Arabia. And fuck that dude(pause) Lawrence while we're at it.

I'd like to join in by saying fuck WWE and fuck Saudi Arabia. I've been sans WWE and it's network/programming for a year now and this confirms for me that my choice was the correct one.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Alvarez is reporting most of the locker room doesn't want to do the trip. 

Can you blame them? I wouldn't be in a hurry to travel to Saudi Arabia in light of recent events. I wouldn't have wanted to work the Saudi Rumble, either. I would really like to see what would happen if the locker room stood together and refused to go.

Just to keep it going, fuck Saudi Arabia.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

John Oliver had WWE's name in his mouth tonight.

I was also personally asked about this at dinner tonight based on my known wrestling fandom.

Fuck Saudi Arabia. 

The one thing a Yankees fan and a Blue Jays fan can agree on: Fuck Saudi Arabia.

Maybe we're not so different after all. Then again, we probably are.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
edited for accuracy

I've barely been hanging on with WWE for the last 3/4 years - major events, the odd NXT, listen to Dave talk about them, TV highlights on youtube - but if this goes ahead then I'm just off all of that. No talking about them online, no nostalgic watches of my old favourites, nothing. No big deal to them, I'm worth nothing to them as a fan. And I don't expect anyone to follow suit, it's your life. Given most regimes have some kind of barbaric history (nations, not just Vince) then it's not realistic to boycott everyone and everything but I think you have to have a line. This is it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I'm a Blue Jays fan. You can all get fucked. ;) 

The Blue Jays? Are  they still in the league? 

Oh, and fuck Saudi Arabia.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, sevendaughters said:

I've barely been hanging on with WWE for the last 3/4 years - major events, the odd NXT, listen to Dave talk about them, TV highlights on youtube - but if this goes ahead then I'm just off all of that. No talking about them online, no nostalgic watches of my old favourites, nothing. No big deal to them, I'm worth nothing to them as a fan. And I don't expect anyone to follow suit, it's your life. Given most regimes have some kind of barbaric history (nations, not just Vince) then it's not realistic to boycott everyone and everything but I think you have to have a line. This is it.

I cancelled the Network. I'll miss NXT and 205 Live and the ladies wrestling, but enough is enough. Fuck VKM and Saudi Arabia.

• Like 3

On the WON radio show overnight - Meltzer said that what he was told was that unless the State department specifically tells them not to go, the WWE will do the show.

Of course, Dave thinks the RAW crowd could possible sway things depending on how they react to anything Crown Jewel related

They just won't mention it at all and then just run it and act like it didn't happen on their other TV shows. Problem solved!

Edit: Fuck Saudi Arabia for so many reasons, I can't even get to them all. They are as bad or worse than countries we treat as enemies. It's downright pathetic.