DVDVR Message Board

Crown Jewel - 11/2/18 from null, null

John from Cincinnati

There is more and more political pressure building from people in Congress that if it's proven this guy was killed and chopped up at the consulate, the Saudi's should face sanctions. I'm wondering if this show will happen, but Vince is the type of guy who would say the hell with diplomatic sanctions. I'm doing the show.

Is Shawn really getting $10 Million for this match? Dixie Carter is no longer the biggest money mark ever in wrestling.

25 minutes ago, matt925 said:

Man I really wish one mainstream media outlet would pick up on this. 

I found out about it on the CBS nightly news days ago and even mentioned it in another thread. Like there, I'd like to say it'll bite them in the ass, but money talks and bullshit walks.

Unless of course you're talking about them talking about the show in which case I agree

• Like 1

Dare I get a little political, and perhaps on a day dedicated to hugs a little politically incorrect and offensive (Wait, John Pelan saying something offensive? Say it isn't so!!!")

I'm all about trying to live in harmony with other countries, possible exceptions would be bloodthirsty monarchies with their philosophy rooted around 1145AD. Let's review, do we need Saudi oil; no we most emphatically do not, not now not ever. Do we need Saudi investment money? HAHAHAHAHAHA, are you fucking kidding me? Now if you wanted to talk about the UAE or another country that actually invests in stuff and by stuff, I mean companies, infrastructure, etc. not gold toilets and sports cars for their obnoxious  brats, and ridiculous wrestling shows; then we might have something to merit discussion. No, we don't need fuck all from the Saudis and now that we have their fucking lapdogs the Bushes out of the Oval Office for good there's absolutely no reason to prolong the charade, tell Israel they have a fucking green-light as far as we're concerned and let the cards fall where they may.

Fuck Saudi Arabia, the only reason not to nuke it till it fucking glows is that not everyone is part of the royal family.

• Like 9

We don't need their money but we want their money. We want all the money. It's the only thing the government in this country truly cares about, and they're no different than Vince or Michaels or any of the rest. If they gave a shit about anything but we wouldn't be having this conversation.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I found out about it on the CBS nightly news days ago and even mentioned it in another thread. Like there, I'd like to say it'll bite them in the ass, but money talks and bullshit walks.

Unless of course you're talking about them talking about the show in which case I agree

I’m talking about the show. 

• Like 1

Hunter's stance will be the same company line "we're trying to spread democracy, diversity etc.."  but I'd fall out of my chair if someone asks him about the missing/murdered journalist. I don't think I've ever seen him asked a serious ethical question like that before. I'm interested in how he'd handle it. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Hunter's stance will be the same company line "we're trying to spread democracy, diversity etc.."  but I'd fall out of my chair if someone asks him about the missing/murdered journalist. I don't think I've ever seen him asked a serious ethical question like that before. I'm interested in how he'd handle it. 

You know, I think that at the end of the day, Hunter is basically a good dude. That said, I would expect something corporate-speak along the lines of maximizing ROI for the stockholders or some such. I don't really know that it's fair to expect more when he really isn't the Big Kahuna yet. 

• Like 1

The news cycle is crazy right now and almost any story can be survived if you just make it a couple of days and nothing else comes up, but just like there are so many movies about screenwriters, this is about a journalist, and I don't think this one is just going to cycle out. It also has a ton of escalation points to the US government and some things that have been all but festering over the last couple of years. This is not going away.

2 hours ago, matt925 said:

Man I really wish one mainstream media outlet would pick up on this. 

Why would they? Our own government considers them allies. People in their country funded 9/11 and nothing was done. Why would they care that an American company ran a show there. They are probably surprised that there is women's wrestling not in jello. 

The shrinking base of die hards will still praise them. Other fans have moved on due to garbage TV. 

• Like 2

There is no indication the recent news will change WWE’s plans, and nothing will with that kind of money at stake short of a backlash at the level that nothing in wrestling has ever received, or something that comes from the highest levels of the U.S. government, which at least up to this week has been on friendly terms with Saudi Arabia..

Per Meltzer in the WON that just came out this morning