DVDVR Message Board

Crown Jewel - 11/2/18 from null, null

John from Cincinnati

8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Don't forget the first ever Elimination Chamber when RVD crushed his throat and he couldn't breathe for the last 30 minutes. 

Good shout. Thanks. 

Triple H's pec tear means he'll be cutting it close for WrestleMania XXXV.

Did they do one of those deals where everybody comes out on the stage at the end for a triumphant pic? Except this time everybody was holding up the middle finger?

And there's been discussion on this board before but this should seal it. Vince will never see Braun Strowman or somebody like him as the "main" champion. That's way too southern wrasslin for him.

I watched it. In the context of what it was, it was perfectly entertaining without being anything must-see. Most of you can keep the faux-outrage boycott up. 

Shawn can still go. the WWE title match was good. the cup matches were good with some questionable booking. Rey/Orton a really good opener. 

Braun's dead in the water, and I think Lashley is close too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Most of you can keep the faux-outrage boycott up. 

So, what exactly do you mean by that?

• Like 5

Fucking awesome last hour hahaha I love it! My fantasy booking come to life with Brock as RAW's Savior once again. Thank You Brock / Thank You Corbin. Did not expect that all but marked out for all three minutes. Absolutely lost my shit at Shane O Mac not only ending up in the ring but becoming the Best Pro Wrestler in the World!  Never would've imagined that, but just perfect. I know most people hate him these days but I'll always mark for Hulkamania, loved seeing him back and his epic entrance. Main event was not great but cool to see Shawn again, he did a wwe.com post interview sounding adamant that it was a one and done deal. Sucks that HHH got hurt. So the top three things I wanted from this show: Brock winning, Shane wrestling, and Hulkamania running wild not only happened but way exceeded what I could've hoped for, making this by default one of my favorite events of the year. SaudiMania II: The Crown Jewel DELIVERS.

The first half of the show was some fine if really short wrestling for the most part. Rey/Orton and Rollins/Lashley only going five minutes was surprising. The booking of the whole tournament was surprising to me as I was definitely not expecting Dolph to pin Angle just like that with a Zig Zag, thought we'd get more Kurt for sure. Ziggler/Miz as the final had me confused at doing heel vs heel, almost totally forgetting they were like feud of the year 2 years ago. Ziggler/Rollins and Styles/Joe both felt like shortened versions of their usual matches but both good. Then the last hour just took it to another level. I can see most hating the show, but as someone who can't stand Braun and loves the legends, I am very satisfied by this event.

Plus we will get Styles/Brock II after all, which should be even better since last year AJ was thrown into it last minute and now he's established as the top guy for a year. On a side note from the earlier discussion, Orton has 2 daughters (1 with each wife) and his current wife had 3 prior for his total of 5. I thought he was totally awesome in that video handling the questions, the delivery of the Cena response was perfect.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

I think there's plenty who are either: a) pretending to care, b) pretending to have not watched the show, c) taking a safe moral position knowing the show isn't worth watching.

A) I was actually was interested in the original title matches. I might have watched the World cup stuff had any of it been pimped. B) I didn't watch the show. C) I wasn't outraged so much as disappointed. The weak card along with the Saudi stuff just made me not really want to see the show. This is the first big show I haven't watched since I got the network however many years ago it started.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When did Kane become a luchador, being so concerned about covering his face? The "he's a deformed, scarred freak" gimmick ended a long time ago. Does he just not want Knox County, Tennessee to see what their mayor is doing?

I dunno, I think hiding his face in shame might be an appropriate reaction from the gifs I've seen.

15 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Most of you can keep the faux-outrage boycott up. 

Yeah, you're not going to make me feel bad for being offended by the brutal torture, dismemberment, and murder of an innocent journalist.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When did Kane become a luchador, being so concerned about covering his face? The "he's a deformed, scarred freak" gimmick ended a long time ago. Does he just not want Knox County, Tennessee to see what their mayor is doing?

If you were a politician, would YOU want your constituents to see you in THAT match?

• Like 1

It becomes especially easy not to watch when there's so much content readily available on the cheap. Everything starts to feel less special. And then you throw the booking on top of that? Woof. 

It took me days to get around to Evolution and people were praising that non-stop. This? Meh. 

I'll cop to safe moral position based on the card though. If that Bryan-Styles match or something I cared about were taking place here, I'm hypocrite enough to cave and watch it.  

I'm happy to see Shawn at least decided to ditch the headband thing. Now he looks like a tinier, older, harrier Christopher Daniels. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Yeah, you're not going to make me feel bad for being offended by the brutal torture, dismemberment, and murder of an innocent journalist.

But if you don't meet any of those 3 criteria, how am I capable of that? You've chosen to make it about you, when I haven't mentioned you or anyone else. The lady doth protest too much, me thinks.

19 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Fucking awesome last hour hahaha I love it! My fantasy booking come to life with Brock as RAW's Savior once again. Thank You Brock / Thank You Corbin. Did not expect that all but marked out for all three minutes. Absolutely lost my shit at Shane O Mac not only ending up in the ring but becoming the Best Pro Wrestler in the World!  Never would've imagined that, but just perfect. I know most people hate him these days but I'll always mark for Hulkamania, loved seeing him back and his epic entrance. Main event was not great but cool to see Shawn again, he did a wwe.com post interview sounding adamant that it was a one and done deal. Sucks that HHH got hurt. So the top three things I wanted from this show: Brock winning, Shane wrestling, and Hulkamania running wild not only happened but way exceeded what I could've hoped for, making this by default one of my favorite events of the year. SaudiMania II: The Crown Jewel DELIVERS.

The first half of the show was some fine if really short wrestling for the most part. Rey/Orton and Rollins/Lashley only going five minutes was surprising. The booking of the whole tournament was surprising to me as I was definitely not expecting Dolph to pin Angle just like that with a Zig Zag, thought we'd get more Kurt for sure. Ziggler/Miz as the final had me confused at doing heel vs heel, almost totally forgetting they were like feud of the year 2 years ago. Ziggler/Rollins and Styles/Joe both felt like shortened versions of their usual matches but both good. Then the last hour just took it to another level. I can see most hating the show, but as someone who can't stand Braun and loves the legends, I am very satisfied by this event.

Plus we will get Styles/Brock II after all, which should be even better since last year AJ was thrown into it last minute and now he's established as the top guy for a year. On a side note from the earlier discussion, Orton has 2 daughters (1 with each wife) and his current wife had 3 prior for his total of 5. I thought he was totally awesome in that video handling the questions, the delivery of the Cena response was perfect.

x6dait.jpg

Okay this is what you're gonna do.  You're gonna hang up, call me back, and say the exact opposite of everything you just said.  Good-bye.

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

But if you don't meet any of those 3 criteria, how am I capable of that? You've chosen to make it about you, when I haven't mentioned you or anyone else. The lady doth protest too much, me thinks.

Yeah, I can read. I know you weren't speaking to me personally. Do you know what "generalizing" is? Because that's what you were doing.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Yeah some bizarre choices. 

Rey/Orton made sense. Wish it got more time. Hyping up Angle's return just to have him job to Ziggler clean. Lashley losing to Rollins clean in 5 minutes. Rollins jobbing to Ziggler. All to build to Ziggler getting squashed by Shane. 

I feel like we're getting Miz/Shane at Mania now in the "be grateful for such a big spot on the card!" spot

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

I dunno man... same bald head and grizzled face... dX colored tights... could be HBK.

And there are some fantastic tattoo concealers on the market these days.