DVDVR Message Board

Crown Jewel - 11/2/18 from null, null

John from Cincinnati

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I saw the results. This show sounds hilariously bad.

I don't know about you, but I'm really looking forward to watching D-X vs. the Brothers of Destruction.

Can't wait to see how many gif worthy moments that thing produces.

Brock beating Braun in two minutes for the Universal Championship is the same thing WCW was doing 20 years ago, hemorrhaging their future for their present and WWE openly mocks WCW for this while doing the exact same thing time and time again.

I hope Cormier knocks Brock out in 15 seconds and wipes his ass with the Universal Championship  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Edwin said:

I don't know about you, but I'm really looking forward to watching D-X vs. the Brothers of Destruction.

Can't wait to see how many gif worthy moments that thing produces.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

To be fair, the show was a perfectly acceptable House Show with a few bits of inventive stuff, then Corbin's music hit, and man that last 90 minutes.  The tag match was soooooo bad, LOL Brock squashing Braun, and LOL Shane winning the Tourny.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Raziel said:

To be fair, the show was a perfectly acceptable House Show with a few bits of inventive stuff, then Corbin's music hit, and man that last 90 minutes.  The tag match was soooooo bad, LOL Brock squashing Braun, and LOL Shane winning the Tourny.

Perfectly acceptable wrestling marred by part-timers, legends and McMahon's may as well be the WWE's tagline.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/1/2018 at 8:52 AM, Michael Sweetser said:

I've already seen people on Reddit slamming Bryan for not being aware of Saudi.  People do not understand how opaque the wrestling bubble can be when you're actually inside it.  I fell prey to it for a long time before my wife pulled me out of it kicking and screaming, and I don't ever want to go back inside.  It's like the Nexus from Star Trek: Generations (and not like the Nexus that Cena ruined)

And although I know it's not the same thing but the kid bubble can be pretty opaque as well. I have a 17 month old and I basically spend every moment that I'm not at work chasing him and making sure he doesn't climb on something and kill himself. When I have downtime, I'm usually just playing video games or reading books. I can imagine that when you're a wrestler and a dad, that opaqueness is magnified by numerous degrees. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

So how does SaudiMania 3: Bigger, Badder, Balder top this? 

Early favourite has to be Hogan vs Taker. 

Just recreate the Survivor Series 91 match move for move.  It's been awhile since I've seen it, but assuming Hogan could take a tombstone - is there really anything in that match that either one of them couldn't do?  I'm sure Flair would be all in for some time in the spotlight.  

5 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

So how does SaudiMania 3: Bigger, Badder, Balder top this? 

Early favourite has to be Hogan vs Taker. 

Bret Hart in jeans and Jordans vs. Bald HBK with Earl Hebner as the ref. and Vince McMahon at ringside.

Just now, CSC said:

Just recreate the Survivor Series 91 match move for move.  It's been awhile since I've seen it, but assuming Hogan could take a tombstone - is there really anything in that match that either one of them couldn't do?  I'm sure Flair would be all in for some time in the spotlight.  

Flair isn’t spending that long on a plane just to end up in a dry country. 

• Haha 8

55 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

DrBShzDWsAAoifn.jpg:large

This sums up the show perfectly. 

53 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

For those who "did not" watch:

World Cup Winner is:  Shane McMahon.   Final was Miz/Ziggler.  (Don't ask.)

DX won

Your new WWE Universal Champion is:  Brock Lesnar (his 6th reign)

AJ, Nakamura, and The Bar all retained.  (New Day came out on a flying carpet)

---

I'm having  a shit day at work.  Keep your shit together in this thread or face the consequences.  

AVwd9gH.jpg

• Haha 7

I skipped this show and met a best friend out for tea. Just got home and my Dad said I'd never guess who won the World Cup tournament. Dad told me and I burst out laughing. I also swore finding Brock Lesnar's the WWE Universal Champion again. Very glad I had tea with one of my best friends. Thanks, Alyson xxx.

• Like 5

Time for Shawn Vs Taker again and Shawn gets his win back at the greatest ever Royal Rumble 2.

Braun is demoted, his match with Brock was even shorter then last time. They should run with Nakamura vs Brock, so Nakamura can face Brock and lose. They need to bring in Bob Sapp to Job to Brock in 3 mins, have Inoki kayfabe buy the company. New boom period.

42 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Brock beating Braun in two minutes for the Universal Championship is the same thing WCW was doing 20 years ago, hemorrhaging their future for their present and WWE openly mocks WCW for this while doing the exact same thing time and time again.

I hope Cormier knocks Brock out in 15 seconds and wipes his ass with the Universal Championship  

I heard Brock beat Braun after Corbin attacked him with the belt and Brock hit five F5s to put him down. Is that at all accurate?

If Cormier beats Brock he should just take the belt and claim himself as champ. I doubt WWE would complain.