DVDVR Message Board

Crown Jewel - 11/2/18 from null, null

John from Cincinnati

They're already building to Strowman/McIntyre, so Drew's either screwing him out of the title (more likely) or Braun's winning and his first defense is at Survivor Series against Drew. 

Keeping the title vacant is going to be worse than Brock being an absentee champ.  

Do we actually know what Brock's last show is? Because I was somehow convinced that he was basically out of the door already, and only doing Crown Jewel for a few barrels of crude oil and some gold bars.

17 minutes ago, AxB said:

Do we actually know what Brock's last show is? Because I was somehow convinced that he was basically out of the door already, and only doing Crown Jewel for a few barrels of crude oil and some gold bars.

He will need heating oil for the upcoming Manitoba winter.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

20th anniversary of the Deadly Game tournament.

Could work. Braun and Brock get a bye in the first round against each other. 

Rollins, Ambrose, Balor, Lashley, Elias, Corbin, Ziggler, McIntyre, Angle, Roode, Jinder, Bray?

You beat me to it. One of my favorite PPVs of that era.  I love one night tournaments, I love the idea of one man surviving through several rounds of competition and the exhaustion that goes into it. I'd much rather see something like you laid out than a singles match between Braun/Brock.   I wouldn't even mind if they did the old WMIV deal and had Braun/Brock end in a no contest and DQ both men.  

• Like 2

Surely they're looking towards the probability that they're not going to have Lesnar available at Mania. I'd like to try something different and have McIntyre screw Braun in the opening round, Lesnar/Rollins final, and then have Ambrose help Rollins beat Lesnar, because he genuinely believes he can torture him more if he has to defend his title also. You never get that look where guys win the title, but are genuinely concerned of the ramifications of having done so, if Ambrose passes up the opportunity to let Lesnar beat down Rollins, because he genuinely believes he can do it better.

Ambrose/Rollins and Braun/Drew seem like your big money Mania matches. Rollins seems like the guy who can best benefit from going over Lesnar right now.

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I don't know why we're looking toward Mania. This company dragging something out that long sounds like one of the circles of hell. 

Show them something shiny and they will forget about the title like they do when they put it on Brock.

1 hour ago, RolandTHTG said:

Because on the RAW side, I can't see where else you build towards for Mania other than what's already running now (Ambrose/Rollins, Strowman/McIntyre). 

Unless Lesnar's UFC fight gets cancelled, or Reigns makes a miraculous recovery, I can't see what else they're running with. 

Meh, they will just call up HBK HHH, Undertaker, Kane, Batista, Trish Stratus, Lita, Jeff Hardy, and a few others from the past to fill out the top of the card.  Nothing says Wrestlemania like part-times taking over the top of the card for that 'one last paycheck' match.

6 minutes ago, evilwaldo said:

Meh, they will just call up HBK HHH, Undertaker, Kane, Batista, Trish Stratus, Lita, Jeff Hardy, and a few others from the past to fill out the top of the card.  Nothing says Wrestlemania like part-times taking over the top of the card for that 'one last paycheck' match.

That's why the best part of WM weekend is Takeover and all the indy shows. 

Per Meltzer on the radio show post RAW - the WWE still will not deny that Daniel Bryan won't be on the show.

Dave said that he still doesn't know what is gonna to happen and basically it seems no one will know until Bryan does or does not get on the plane this evening.

He said the latest he is being told is that if Bryan isn't going to work the show, they aren't going to announce it ahead of time.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Per Meltzer on the radio show post RAW - the WWE still will not deny that Daniel Bryan won't be on the show.

Dave said that he still doesn't know what is gonna to happen and basically it seems no one will know until Bryan does or does not get on the plane this evening.

He said the latest he is being told is that if Bryan isn't going to work the show, they aren't going to announce it ahead of time.

I don't know about you but I'd like to see Styles vs Hiroki Sumi.

• Like 1

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/big-update-on-daniel-bryans-status-for-wwe-crown-jewel

Daniel Bryan is supposed to challenge AJ Styles for the WWE Title at WWE Crown Jewel. However, after weeks of speculation on if Bryan would work the show, his status has been revealed. 

According to a report by PWinsider, he will not be traveling to the country. This is after a report from Robbie Fox of Barstool Sports that claimed Bryan would not be working the event, which led to the company making alternative plans. WWE has yet to confirm Bryan’s status.

WWE had planned to not send AJ Styles to Saudi Arabia. Instead, they were going to have Bryan wrestle Styles inside the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida with the match airing as part of the Crown Jewel broadcast. However, those plans were dropped. 

It should be noted that Bryan is still scheduled to appear on tonight’s SmackDown Live, which will be interesting to see how WWE work around the match.

The WWE Crown Jewel pay-per-view event takes place on November 2nd, 2018 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia at the King Saud University Stadium and will air on the WWE Network.